What is the WORST software you have used?

Discussion in 'Software' started by filtersweep, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Kookaboo

Kookaboo Rock Star

WORST ever software for me:

Adobe Audition
    – Taking days to scan the Plug-Ins
    – During the scan crashing hundreds of times!
    – Crappy windows-like look

MOTU Digital Performer
    – Taking hours to scan the Plug-Ins
    – During the scan crashing hundreds of times!
    – Not even opening

2. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

+ for iTunes and Mac OSX 10.6.8 the only one i tried so far when it comes to Mac
    For Win i say 95 98 Milenium and Vista

And all of those "Pc boost utilities like Glarys utilities Tune up Fix it etc etc..I have one installed not for boosting or whatever they call it just for delete start up entries and some tweaks like take way the arrow from shortcuts and stuff it is easyer than open regedit and do changes.
    I have tried one on my Mac hell it made my life hell as all my personal passwords dissaperad and some other stuff so i had to start all over again and it didn´t make it any faster bloody lie all those softwares..

As is most if not all of AV and internet securities suites aswell like the ones mentioned Norton Zone alarm etc etc even the free ones is crap nowadays well the purpose of all those software is to make people so afraid and even paranoid that someone is gonna take over your PC/Mac and steal all your pictures and creditcards number etc etc..

Audio plugins Vielklang latest Sampletank Guitar Rig well many s.c amp sims like Vox Amplitude Pod Farm etc etc nowadays they have developed tons of free ones that sound the same if you take away all effects from the patches so why dont they improve in sound instead of add more amps and effects?

Focusrite Liquid Mix not for the sound but for the shitty firewire connection that often refuse to load the software i bought mine second hand for a bargain but if i had bought it new when it arrived (it cost alot back then) i would have been so mad to focusrite that they havent continue the upgrade path
    Emu beta software driver for Win7 it was one of the most stable drivers around for XP and 32 bit system then they stop to develop new drivers like Focusrite it works but crashes if you change plugins very often so you better work out a plan of which plugins you want for all your projects no try this or that as it may crash after awhile i have my DAW set so it autosaves every 2 min just in case..

Well i can go on but i stop it just make my day worse i gonna take up my guitar play some music to be in a better mood..:)

3. chopin4525

chopin4525 Producer

The software I hate the most is the one which comes with such bad uninstallers that fills up your drive with nonsense and useless crap you have to clean it up yourself manually. :bleh:
    As for music making, to me the worst softwares were DAWS! I still remember the first I used them:
    FL studio cool graphic, some nice sounding projects and tutorials but no simple way to record a midi with CC64 ----> deleted
    Cubase 5 or 6 (I don't remember) trial offered by steinberg after I purchased one of their products, I was unable to even load and play a simple VST -------> deleted
    Cakewalk 8 since I was a long time Roland user and since this DAW was the choice of a fellow composer I decided to give it a try, I thought it was some kind of a spaceship with all those buttons and strange pics upon them ---------> almost deleted then somebody helped me and I decided to keep it and learn it. :rofl:

4. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

First of all....
    Crysonic plug-ins
    Nomad Factory...not so analog as they are described, but some plugins are good, not excellent...(so, VladG sound, Variety of Sound, Tokyo Dawn Labs and some cool freeware stuff are 100 times better than Nomads).
    Maybe later I'll give other names.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

Midiquest for me, for the price its more convoluted than my synth menu's, I also find it easier to control synth hardware from a DAW, not that I find it easy just less hassle than midiquest which is what I bought it for :dunno:
    I thought Sounddiver was great as a win user, much sadness that its not around anymore

I like AAS stuff, well I like the sound of the things, which is why I put up with the interfaces

6. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Bads:

IK Stuff
    Motu Stuff
    Einklang
    Sausage Fattener
    Nexus
    Sylenth
    FAW Circle Synth
    Izotope Stutter Edit (MAKES NO SENSE!)
    Rob Papen stuff (annoying security and not that great of sound)
    WAVES Element (terrible hunk of blubber)
    a few of the Sugarbytes collection

I love alot, but a pain in the ass:

Cthulhu (in logic x its a pain!)

I would have alot more, but i delete any that i will never use. SPL is the next to test its worth in my book. I like FabFilter so much i doubt SPL stuff can compare.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

That should be interesting, although I do like my SPL plugs, I think I can do a better job now with rubbish plugs than I could 10 years ago with the best of them costing thousands. Lots of frustrations leading to having the patience to keep learning all stages of the process is the winner for me

8. Bichitrax

Bichitrax Newbie

I can not properly remember...in 20007 I used a crack ver, of cool edit pro for seven months.That seems to hang every 15 min.I was in Dubai,no net connection, nothing.I suffered a lot during those time.

9. AKMusic

AKMusic Kapellmeister

This just my opinion of worst software I EVER experienced... :(

Everything I ever used by Microsoft and all it's third-party PC developers. So much so, that I became an Apple user and have never turned back... despite the 3 PC's in my house. :bleh:
    I'm ALWAYS fixing them for my wife and kids.

Constantly clearing out/uninstalling malware and viruses not to mention unseen, and unwanted, stowaway software despite the use of the amazing Avast.

Just makes me LOVE returning downstairs to my Mac kingdom (3 Macs in the studio)... :wink:

As far as music software goes...

It's a tie for worst:

WORST* Best Service's Engine and Ueberschall (Elastik... what bullshit!)

RUNNER-UP * Plogue Bidule

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. orgcha

orgcha Ultrasonic

worst of most worthless?
    My vote would be for VOG (voice of god)
    they want $150 for that pos and it doesn't do anything that BOD (bark of dog) can't....or your freaking EQ for that matter...

11. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Amplitube is bad?

12. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Andrew
    The only problem people can have with Windows 8.1 is the lack of a start menu that can easily be added from several great vendors. The guts of the OS are excellent, way better than Windows 7. Make an argument besides that one thing and I'll debate it with you.

13. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Yep, agree with OrganisSpaceRaisetcetcetcetc on iZotope Stutter Edit, I mean, seriously, WTF??? :dunno:

14. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Stutter Edit is super awesome.. used tastefully and minimally in a non-glitched-out environment. :keys:

Heres a good one for the list.. Izotope\T-Pain Engine + Effect (almost immediately discontinued due to widespread ridicule) *yes*

I'll admit.. i do occasionally use it. :wow: :dunno: :rofl:

15. Revirau

Revirau Kapellmeister

I'd like to read that debate, because I have win7 in one machine and win8 in other, and I hate the last one. Believe me, I`m not being sarcastic. If there`s something good in win8, I want to know it.

16. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Looks like a few niggles here. I personally hate it and wouldn't have it for free.
    http://www.itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/22313/windows-81-problems-how-to-fix-them

http://www.techradar.com/news/software/operating-systems/15-windows-8-1-annoyances-fixed-1207111

17. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

You actually find these bad? Some of the sounds fair enough...

Got to give my vote to itunes. Utter shite

18. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Excellent guts or no.. the UI and general layout on Win 8 is utter tripe...Even with 3rd part vendors, lots of things can't be changed.

By all accounts its been a massive failure..

I got it for free, legally and would never ever ever install that POS again. *no*

19. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i'd just like to say to the patronising AAS salesman ^^ up there,
    believe me when i say i take time with most softs i use and after some considerable time 'tweaking' and 'tinkering' i am convinced it sounds like a mouse being stepped on.
    ( a real natural mouse)..
    i have a copy of reaktor now, so i will see you in a few years time.
    is win 8 REALLY that bad?
    maybe i shall stick with 7 for now...

ps. forgot to say, i actually really like the Circle synth. it's a lot of , ahem* FUN to play with...

20. moocha

moocha Newbie