What is the WORST software you have used?

Discussion in 'Software' started by filtersweep, Aug 15, 2014.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

.. but , how many of you have wasted hours, maybe days of your life only to have to accept that what you are using sounds like CAK!!
    i have had such a misadventure today with ultra analog vst synth... is it just me?
    could be : ) i seem to remember the earlier version had an interesting sound, but this is merde...
    whatever it has to go!
    anyone other unhappy shoppers out there?
    : )

3. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

You have to remember when you watch the marketing vids for all these wonderful vstis, they have been mixed and mastered to try and improve their sound, you download them and try them in your DAW and the presets don't sound anything like they did on the vid. Just a marketing con trick, a bit like going into shops where they have all that wonderful ambient lighting which makes the goods on sale look really nice and sexy, yet when you buy em and take em home, then you realize they look like shite. Anyway I digress . . .

4. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i agree, but i am a software whore and cannot resist playing with the toys.. even if it costs me hours of my life to no profit what so ever...

5. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

This is gonna be a long thread lol....

for me.. hmm....

6. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

Been a unhappy shopper many times, but I won't call names :bleh: (slate digital fx, keep your 80 $ in your pocket)

7. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

Definitely that Einklang vst thing... awful

8. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

@ Filtersweep,

[​IMG]

If you're talking about 'AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems) Ultra Analog' VSTi (this from the above image)... well, personally I think that's just you !!! *yes*
    I mean, other users could also be disappointed by it, but it's certainly not my case, as with all the 'AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems)' Products (e.g. Tassman, String Studio, Lounge Lizard, Strum Acoustic & Electric,... ).
    This is my own opinion, but all the Products from this Developer are... EXCELLENT ! :wink:

It must also be said that almost (to not say all !) of their Products are based on 'Physical Modeling Synthesis', and this is perhaps what leads you to some troubles when using them (?) :dunno:
    Anyway, all of these 'AAS (Applied Acoustics Systems)' Products provide you a lot of Presets that you can, of course, tweak the way you like (or need) to suit your tastes, desires,... *yes*

So, maybe you should spend a bit more time with that 'Ultra Analog' VSTi, try to 'master' it a bit more, and get more confident with its several Settings and what you can get with... *yes*

_____________________________________________________________________________​

@ Phenomboy,

I second that ! *yes*
    Certainly not the most easily affordable 'VSTi Soft Synth' that I tried !!! *no*

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. tjgoa

tjgoa Ultrasonic

ua2 good vibrato :wink:

10. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Einklang gets a double vote from me too.. its complete dog bonk. :thumbsup:

also, as much as I love most of IK Multimedia's stuff, Sampletank is a like a Pet Rock for me.. Old version and New. Much Hyped, very disappointing and badly designed.

11. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

Can I nominate my own instruments? :wow:

12. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

I'm going to go ahead and say Windows 8.1 :bleh:
    Sorry Catalyst, but to me the OS, if one can call it that, is unbearable. I wouldn't accept it even for free *no*

It goes to such extends, that rather using W8.1 at work, I bought my own business laptop with Windows 7 which my boss allowed me to use. *yes*

No matter how bad they may seem, they're free, so no matter the quality my hat is always off for you. :bow:
    They're actually very good
    Though I'd have to admit, I don't use them often.
    Not even my EV Production ones :rofl:

+1, 8dio is known for that. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Really? whats so bad about it? I love Windows 8.1 and can never see myself going back to Windows 7. It just seems so much faster to me.

14. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Easy - Norton PC Suite. :wink: Regarding audio programs it's hard to decide because I've tried so many plugins and programs before I settled for just those that I like. However, some SynthEdit plugins I tried were complete rubbish. Thankfully you don't have to install/deinstall them. SynthMaker plugins are usually no better, either.

15. popeye

popeye Kapellmeister

I love Windows 8.1, too.........Win7 is good and stable but Win8's much better! The worst was that Vista crap!

16. bigcat1969

bigcat1969 Producer

The worst was Windows Millennium!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

Windows 98SE :D Windows 8/8.1, waiting for windows 9, hope this is better and left out all the crap for tablets.

for audio stuff? i would choose Monark, big hyped, advertised - but i found it boring to work with.

itunes! :D i call it always eggdunes, so irrational in the menus and unlogical.
    Mozilla Firefox v28 Astralis GUI :( using since v26 in the alpha version of Firefox, still not used to it. but im using it daily, because its still better as CHROME(IRON) or Opera.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

When I hear about bad sounds I always remember this ... and I start to think how can I use these "bad sounds" creatively :wink:

19. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Whoah, I totally forgot iTunes (luckily), the first thing I do when I install OSX is trashing it and 90% of Apple (cr)Apps (not so easy to totally uninstall). And grab the latest VLC (it too got worst lately).
    Regarding Audio stuff, definitely Xample Upsynth, a wannabe rompler that not only sound like crap
    but is poorly coded to say the least. I'm almost sure it share the same codebase with their other top of the line product. :bleh:
    Dunno why in the hell I decided to break it and release it, probably in the true meaning of try b4 buy, better, try, get :wow: , trash it and ask yourself how in the hell
    they can sell a single copy of such a piece of crap for 50€. Only preset (ONE) available in demo (it's a rompler, so that's all you can demo of it, one sound) is a almost decent trance gate,
    every other 299 presets that comes with full are an unbelievable shit. :wow:
    I won't get into Windows cause you'll call me fanboy (which I am not, for real), and you already pissed enough on M$.
    OS X Lion is a piece of sheet, especially considering how many good os apple made in the past. Luckily ML fixed many things (still regret being forced to switch from SnowLeo).
    :mates:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

Oh God, yesh. Haven't touched it in years. That and Zone Alarm.

Windows 8.1. One installation went fine. Gave me a BSOD (on installation) the second time. Used for like one minute. Crap. Trashed.

Quicktime... What a pain in the ass. Especially that "upgrade to Pro" bullshit. How you can't fit it on screen... iTunes also sucks. I have it for some free university lectures and speeches podcasts but other than that...
    [​IMG]

I even went as far as installing it in a VBox because I don't want all those Apple services crap on my main OS. It wouldn't even install in the sandbox because, apparently, it requires some elevated rights access. FUCK YOU DOUBLE.

Phew, what a relief. Good thread. :rofl:

21. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

found the sound really unique, but wouldnt pay 50€ for it. wasnt there another looking synth from them for windows too?
    hmm maybe im mixing this up ...
    ohh i mean "SC Addiction Synth"
    as win user i loved SnowLeo in VBox, was using it in the past for some AU plugin testing in ableton, but with my new CPU this all ended :sad:
    @Gramofon: i searched for a portable eggdunes and this was working fine for me, but havnt used this one either for good 2 years.