What is the simplest way to drag resampled content into your browser

Discussion in 'Live' started by Cav Emp, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

I'm making an effort to sample and catalog drum sounds as I make them, and finding it really annoying how dragging a sample into the browser makes an .alc with project files and such, and also references the name of the actual wav to whatever default name it was given when you recorded/cropped/flattened it.

Do I have to go into the Current Project folder and drag the wavs from there to my sample folders? is there a way to actually save just a wav file from inside Live?

3. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

i don't like the browser in ableton.
    what i tend to do is have an explorer window open ( to the directory where my samples are for example) and then drag wav files from the arrangement window ( does not work from session view for some reason).
    it.s not a solution but a workaround perhaps...

4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yeah, another complication that I forgot to mention

In windows 10 - or at least in the cases I’ve seen, including my own system, you have to choose between running as admin and being able to drag files from explorer. Even running the file explorer as admin doesn’t solve this for me, and of course I have UAC turned off.

Having Live not running as admin caused some kind of nuisance for me but i can’t remember what it was because I’ve just left it like this for a long time. I suspect it had to do with writing presets or save files to folders that require admin permission