What is the German word for, "The No News News?"

Discussion in 'DE' started by jeffglobal, Jul 2, 2016.

1. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

I forgot the German word for the English phrase of propaganda, "No News News" where the military/government influences their populations by keeping them ignorant to important things by running "news" that's just bs like celebrity marriages, who got pregnant, who broke up...etc.

Pls put me out of my misery, it really bothers me I can't find that phrase, it's very important to me, because it's at least 100 years old and betrays the thinking of governments that's in no way new to current times of "governance."

3. DrumcodeX

DrumcodeX Platinum Record

hmm, I don't think there's an accurate translation for that phrase. At least I can't think of something equal to that atm. :dunno:

The german language often is somehow to awkward to describe something with only a very short and general term. Most of the time you gotta use different and specific words, always depending on the topic and the context. Very opposite to english, where it's often possible to "hit it" with just one word.

Don't know if that makes any sense to you lol
    You said you heard that word before, pls let me know if you're able to find it out or remember it, I'd be really curious what that could be.

good luck

4. Keinenachrichtennachrichten. Duh!!!

5. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

Keine wirklichen Neuigkeiten!

6. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Hey, I know there's a real German single word for that phrase, but it may be a technical term...man I feel really stupid for not putting it somewhere I could recall it...

It was a single word, longer than a long English word, but not as long as the ones suggested here, and they don't look right. I will probably immediately recognize it if I see it again.

Also the word was translated to English to: "No News News," or a propaganda method of keeping the target population ignorant, but filling their time with anything inconsequential to keep them occupied.

The word is as important to me as words like Wonderlust. I'm not trying to be a jerkoff here.

7. muaB

muaB Producer

verblendung

verblödung

8. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

When I read your discription I only know a term from the military language like "Ablenkungsmanöver" what is in english "diversionary tactic"

Another word is "Volksverdummung" or "Volksverblödung" what means giving the people only banal information to keep it stupid.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  9. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

tyvm for the responses but, at first glance that doesn't look familiar...my visual memory hasn't failed me yet (and yet when your brain goes, you're the last to find out...)

I'll investigate them...it is one word like that though, that is the length I remember. (Volksverblödung) but I also remember I was able to pronounce the word and both suggestions would be very hard for me to pronounce...

10. dmoll

dmoll Ultrasonic

--Lügenpresse---- is the word you look for

11. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

how bought just Merkell?

or... EU... does'nt that represent the source and sponsor for moronic public?..

hey... anyone heard of those dumbass "Don't rape me to death in my anus" bracelets?.. the one's that "empower" woman to refuse being raped by a migrant... or migrants? :D I love it... I thought it was a source of virtue for a naturally born european citizen to invite and enjoy a good migrant raping now and again... its like the doctor says... a migrant gang-rape a day, keeps the doctor away.

I mean C'MON!!! it's OBVIOUSLY racist to NOT want to be raped by migrants... ITS RACIST to simply have any level of negative feelings, whether full-on rabid-severe livid anger, or simply minor annoyance against the idea that a migrant violently raped your male toddler... clearly the bracelets are racist.
    :D

up is down.. down is up in europe.

12. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

Oh man...idk if you guys feel like me, but getting close enough to smell it, but not being able to go in...this is how your suggestions are making me feel.

@dmoll I appreciate your suggestion, (and I can pronounce it!) but I know for certain, that the Germans' ability to make fine distinctions make this suggestion invalid. Lying press, which is also a simpler form of propaganda, is less sophisticated than distraction/misleading press, which filling the news space with totally inconsequential stuff that engages the population, but is meaningless and useful to distract from the real events/news of the day which is the purpose of "no news news."

It comes from, I assume the 3 ways to lie: 1) Flat out lie (but it's easy to falsify) (your suggestion), 2) Tell a plausible misleading lie [the half truth] (target may not check to validate), 3) Lie by omission (women's preferred method). The "no news news" combines the plausible lie, with lying by omission of the truth, which is pretty awesome.

If there are more ways to lie, I'm all ears.

@dim_triad I've only seen the don't molest/rape pics ads created by the German government, at the same time they made the don't take a dump in the shower, use a toilet posters too. (Virtually all migrants are illiterate in their own language, same as in US, yay!)

[​IMG]
    I just noticed the cartoonist included the back dimples. Back dimples are a useful indicator of somethings cool. Wish I had a larger sample size of women that I verified on, but there were studies too...dimples of Venus...

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  13. Wando Waiato

Wando Waiato Member

"news" that's just bs like celebrity marriages, who got pregnant, who broke up...

In Germany we say "Regenbogenpresse" (you call it yellow press) which means "news from the rainbow" to these political irrelevant information disguised as regular news and the main newspaper for stuff like that is the BILD Zeitung. Published by the biggest media house for disinformation and national dulling of german citizens, the Axel Springer Verlag. They sell 2.000.000 newspapers each day and are reaching up to 12.000.000 reader.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  14. elevation

elevation Noisemaker

Bild

15. jeffglobal

jeffglobal Producer

k, ty, I didn't get an alert for the new responses.

Hey, at least you guys opened up the pools, so it's easier now to rape the children and the adult females. For christ's sake.
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/rap...mming-pools-are-surging-police-quietly-admit/

16. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Referring to the Bild Zeitung is like saying "Yes, Santa Claus exists, the moon landing was a hoax and I have sex 5 times each day."

There is a lot of ultra-right-winged, close to Nazi-shit, indoctrination going on in Europe. And sadly, a lot of people don't use their brains, but just follow what seems to be the answer to their fears - blaming anyone else of being the cause. Was so in the past, but people never learn from history.

On topic: There is no german term that can be translated directly to "no news news". All things mentioned here, like Regenbogenpresse, Bild, etc. have one thing in common: They are not controlled by military and/or government, as you pointed out in the first post. Propaganda is the term used in Germany for such a form of controlled news. (See Goebblels, the Nazi-"Propagandaminister")

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. injun joe

injun joe Newbie

maybe
    "Desinformation"

18. Frankmany

Frankmany Newbie

There's no translation. An appropriate word could be "Lügenpresse" which is a synonym for very bad research and take over of wrong numbers resp. controversial statistics - in order to form the opinion among voters. BILD, DIE WELT, FAZ etc. are such partial papers which can be called "economic radical".

In Germany the economic influence in politics and journalism is very deep - as in every capitalistic countries. Employer organisations like "Initiative Neue Soziale Marktwirtschaft" is one of the worst. Camouflaged advertising or manipulate children in schools with wrong statistics etc. are their tools. Actually unbelievable but it's legal.... :snuffy:

19. luxxenator

luxxenator Member

Ich richte mich nach den Nachrichten. Die Nachrichten richten schon richtig. Danach richte ich mich.

20. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

Take it from me, the word you want is apeshitze :bleh:

21. complete

complete Producer

Olle Kamellen :bow: