What is the font used in Serum?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, May 17, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Does anyone know what font is used in the Xfer Serum GUI? Just curious, and wondering what other people's thoughts on it are?

Personally I'm mixed. I find it clean and simple, but can be difficult to read.

3. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

I think that they use Seravek Basic (it's prolly light / medium). I dunno what they use for the logotype, but prolly custom. I just checked the font on the prefs page, where all the mixed case txt is. Font's ok, fairly readable in uppercase, which is how they use it most.

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

I'm pretty sure that the designer created a custom font for the log and labels. You could get pretty close by using a font like Korataki Regular
    [​IMG]

or Tachyon
    [​IMG]

then importing into a decent program that can handle vectors and adjusting the height and space between characters. Block over the rounded edges and make the middle point on the 'M' sharp. Raise the middle line in the 'E' closer to the top and once you've created the actual font you can create different fontsets by adjusting the height, width, space between characters and so on. You could save some time by using the bold version if they have it.

Commercial products usually create a custom font unless they can afford to license an official set from the maker.
    You could use probably Impact (the famous MEME font) but you'd have to do some editing depending on how close you want it to be.

FYI for future use: select and crop a section of text or type from logo or whatnot, save as an image and use this site
    https://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

I would say ask @THENATAN but I see you did already. If he gets back to you let me know too. I'm curious.

5. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

I found a png of the logo but it's a tad rough around some of the corners! Trying to decide whether to just go with this or try and tidy it up, which I have no patience for :rofl:
    [​IMG]

And I have been trying to match up some of the font too, and this is about as close as I can be bothered to get I think. Might give it a bit of a trial run, though I hate the dials buts not got a frickin' clue how to pull off decent ones :rofl:

Preview Decal.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  6. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

What size do the dials have to be? And what size are actual knobs on the controller?

7. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Not sure on dial size as I aint home at the moment to measure exactly. The knobs are standard MIDI keyboard type and size and dont have much flare on them but i am replacing them in time anyway.

8. THENATAN

THENATAN Guest

@Bunford Hey Bud , As @Pinkman Said :
    It's Not A Font.

9. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

10. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

For anyone interested, it doesnt seem like it is a custom font @Pinkman and @THENATAN as the GUI creator just tweeted this about it in response to my question.

20170519_114037.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

That's good to know. Those are the GUI element fonts though. You could definitely take those and recreate the logo font with some character adjustments. If you compare it to the logo you can see the 'R' and 'M' especially have been made square and curves and sides have been made straighter. I'm being a perfectionist, bud. Good find.