What is the best possible way to compose classical/orchestral music on a DAW (especially on Ableton

Discussion in 'Genre Specific Production' started by AviatOfficial, Nov 20, 2014.

1. AviatOfficial

AviatOfficial Member

Thanks for your reply :bow:

2. AviatOfficial

AviatOfficial Member

That video was really awesome! :wink:
    I guess I watched his videos earlier and kinda missed this *yes*

3. AviatOfficial

AviatOfficial Member

Massive thanks for your reply :bow:

I'm with you here,Music theory is a must for Orchestral music and for composing any good music as Catalyst said.

I'm listening a lot of good stuff but any recommendation of awesome artists would be great! *yes*

About DAWs,I'm really acquainted with Live for now.Live has some issues(very minor ones tho :sad: .Very excited for their next/new version!)

4. AviatOfficial

AviatOfficial Member

Massive thanks for your awesome and informative reply :bow:

Great help there,really appreciate it *yes*

IMSLP is a wonderful site,tons of scores and music to explore :dancing:

Yep,I'm very much good with Live....so no changes there!

And once again thanks! :mates:

5. AviatOfficial

AviatOfficial Member

I'm remaking some of Zimmer's work.Very hard tho :sad: .But yes I'm improvising :wink:

6. meggedu2

meggedu2 Kapellmeister

I believe that music breaks the rules of life in itself. To compare music making and production to coding is a bit off in my opinion. To code you must study and work hard to get things to work exactly how you want it to work. In music making and production you can actually have something wonderful happen (that makes your mix) completely on accident. Yes you must know how to mix in your Daw or whatever, but to create orchestral music or any kind of music you do not need theory. Some people were born with theory already coded in their DNA. Some people feel music vs understanding and studying it. By creating the base melodies and changes you can build upon framwork in order to achieve a destination. With programming and other things, a destination is already set and it is your job to get to the X. With music, I think it is very rare to start with something in mind, and end with that exact same plan. As with life, the journey is worth as much (if not more) than the destination.