What is the best kontakt piano library?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by SceleJohn, Jun 25, 2019.

1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I like analog modelling pianos they have a quirkiness

2. TaxiDriver

TaxiDriver Platinum Record

The logical answer right now would be Hammersmith, as it is 50% off ATM (99€). It has all the tweaks, mics.. you can imagine. You can get vast array of sounds from it - from concert to that "Lady Madonna" thing. On paper, at least. I just can't get it to work in a simple mix.. but it's probably me and my poor mixing skills.. You should try it, if you have a chance though.

So I went back to my love/hate relationship w/ Native Instruments. I get better results with:
    - Alicia's Keys for all-rounder
    - The Gentleman (also The Maverick Bechstein) for darker intimate tone.. (though capable to rock'n'roll too)

If you go to NI website and you buy let's say, Komplete Kontrol 32 + Komplete Select bundle (178$) and then upgrade to Komplete 12 (199$, 50% off UP), you get all the pianos (except Alicia) and all the NI useful and not-so-useful stuff.. check that out if you need other instruments/synths/fx too. Normally Komplete 12 only costs ~599.. (offer valid till 30 June)

3. RexRexall

RexRexall Noisemaker

echo the statements that it's personal with regard to taste and also playing style, and that it's hard (impossible?) to find one that covers every need. i've tried many but my go-to is alicia's keys. if you're a left hand-heavy player, something i do like about some of NI's own pianos though is that you can dial up the lower keys so they stand out in your mix a little better.

4. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Enjoy!

5. zpaces

zpaces Producer

For me CineSamples CinePiano
    It comes with misc characters like cinematic, rock etc.