what is the best Erhu library for kontakt (Without Phrases)

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mr_Amine, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

what is the best Erhu library for kontakt (Without Phrases)

i want to play Erhu in different way (without phrases it's mean limitless)

already have the Erhu Vsti , it will be perfect if we can find High Quality Erhu Library For Kontakt

3. DanteUruzu

DanteUruzu Kapellmeister

Ethno World 5 from Best Service has an Erhu in it. It has phrases but you can also play it like a normal instrument (the phrases are there in case you want to use them). Of course it's a bit old, but it's better than nothing, I'd say! There is also another type of Erhu included in it. I can't remember the name at the moment. But it's basically an Erhu with a lower ranger (or higher... I can't remember which xD).

4. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

I´ll wait for Embertones release ...... Im sure it´ll blow all our brains out!

5. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

6. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

drdark2

i believe that kontakt libraries is better than VSTi when it comes to High quality

7. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

You have EastWest Ra that has Erhu; it can be used as Kontakt x-version library; but you have asked about the best; these are Chinese instruments and Kong Audio is a Chinese company specialized in sampling Chinese instruments; there is no Kontakt version; and no, Vsti doesn't mean it is lower quality that Kontakt; Kontakt libraries can be anything; I have just tried Embertone - Friedlander Violin and it comes in all flavours; from 16 bit mono to 24 bit stereo. I cannot tell you what the sample rates and resolution are for Kong Audio, although you might be able to find that info somewhere. I am just talking out of experience having tried many Erhu versions; Kong version sounds most realistic; haven't used it in a while so I don't remember the details, but first thing in looking for a virtual instrument is to hear the demos and that is why I provided the link to the official site...

8. Mr_Amine

Mr_Amine Rock Star

i did have all kong audio vsti product , and i caan tell that the sample rate used in kontakt libraries is higher than Vsti library sample rate
    i mean the most not ALL

9. drdark2

drdark2 Guest

In that case I really don't know how to help you; it is the only dedicated Erhu I have ever heard of since all of the others are in bundles of "world" or "native" instruments. Good luck finding what you are looking for!

P.S. I wouldn't worry about samples rates and resolution that much; it has been proven by many tests that no one can differ 16 from 24 bit or 48kHz from 96kHz. CDs have perfect quality and they are 16 bit 44.1 kHz.