What is real and not? (aka ATHESIM vs THEISM) (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MMJ2017, Apr 17, 2017.

?

are you atheist or theist?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2017.
  1. theist

30.8%
  2. atheist

53.8%
  3. in between: for example: Taoism/buddhism (god-less religions)

9.9%
  4. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Divided by

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. "i don't know" + " i donm't know" + " idon't know" = God, souls, afterlife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't have the free will to answer this becuase i am a fictional charactor

1.1%
  8. the universe is a video game created by an alien

2.2%
  9. Vegan

2.2%
  1. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Early implementations of placebo controls date back to 16th-century Europe with Catholic efforts to discredit exorcisms. Individuals who claimed to be possessed by demonic forces were given false holy objects. If the person reacted with violent contortions, it was concluded that the possession was purely imagination - I'll let you draw your own conclusions and of course no hard feelings :)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. farao

farao Rock Star

It is not clear what you actually mean is disturbing? Is it that we talk about belief systems and lots and lots of different aspects about what is real or not? It most certainly is a subject well suited for stoned and not stoned musicians alike. Can you point to something concrete being discussed that you find offensive, or are you just intefering? How much did you actually read? What if there is plenty of stuff that is really interesting to you? I have during the discussions had plenty of ideas how what is real and not is valuable in a variety of musical contexts. If you find yourself in a musicians lounge, what is real or not is all that ever is discussed. Almost : )

Peace out!

3. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

how does it work does it have to be manually closed er?

4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

what do the phrase right underneath our username mean like " Ultrasonic"? what do they all mean ? how does it work? (new here in general)

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I am going to post my last message to you all on this thread now to wrap it up.
    I really appreciate everyone. I am new here and it has been great to speak with you. Very interesting views and takes on the topic and
    I hope that the information here can be helpful it certainly has changed my life, allowing me to grow advance.
    sometimes we dont recognize the significance of the information we pass by life life, overhearing a conversation. a book you read a thread in this , then one day we can remember back and see it for what it was. just maybe talk the tiny sliver of experience we have and expand that so see a situation for what it actually is ( to the best of our ability)
    I ask that you go to page 1 and read through you just may have a life changing experience, or find a new way to look at what you already knew .

6. farao

farao Rock Star

That's to bad. Was it that the Dude told you to?

7. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

well i felt like everything has been said i dont know how it works here but im happy to chat anytime stop by see what going on dont know if they lock it or what but I wanted to start my new thread THE SECRETS OF MUSIC>
    please join me there :D

8. Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer Newbie

“Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    Marcus Aurelius

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Kloud

Kloud Guest

Nice derivation but actually a fabricated quote and also quite possibly wrong when taken in the context of stoic.
    Marcus Aurelius, being a stoic, probably believed in a god. This is Subjective to some extent also.
    Meditations by Aurelius is a brilliant text and also written in Greek. Xylander translated circa 1550 and the quote actually states that he wouldn't fear death if there were no gods because he wouldn't want to live in a world without gods.
    He then proceeds to state that gods do exist :)
    Stoicism of course a very useful teaching and also practical in a real world context.
    In the main it was concerned with 'making' your environment as 'stress free' as humanly possible and only worrying about changing that which was in your power so all in all a great example for sure :yes: :bow:

10. serdarolguner

serdarolguner Member

11. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

agnostic is separate from atheism vs theism, you can be agnostic atheist or Gnostic atheist, you can be Gnostic theist or agnostic theist.

12. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

Less than 10 days and 37 pages: Seriously?

13. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

37 pages already? wtf!

i got a question tho

what is real?

Dreams feel alot more real.
    more real than this sht reality we are all cought in

also.... recently this lille "gem" has been bugging me aswell.

"i think, there for i am ?"

yes? no? wtf? :)

bonus question,
    whats a person?
    whats a human?

i dont see this as going off topic one bit :disco:

14. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

If you consider that everything is or can be based/explained via matter (atoms, particles, leptons, quarks, etc) as a good atheist you are, then everything must/ought obey to Physical Laws.

Point the "value of life" the "morality" and the "rational morality" to the respective Physical Laws and we will crosscheck what you have written with these Laws.

Failing to do so, everything you've written is arbitrary (and personal opinions or wishful thinking) and someone might as well consider the exact opposite and be equally right!

The GOOD or BAD differs from time to time at the very same country and from country to country at the very same time! This happens because you atheists cannot base the GOOD and BAD on unvaried and eternal Physical Laws.

Nice to talk to you anyway...

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  15. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

All these questions have been answered by both theists and atheists.
    Accept what suits you best or choose your own...

16. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

but what if im looking for opinions from SOMETHING OTHER than selfproclaimed theist or atheist ? because surely there are other "kinds" than only 2 ?
    or this thread is just "black/white" points of view?

what is there to accept? i refuse buddy!

thanks for your input anyway

17. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

I think you can also find the opinions you are asking for in the rest pages.
    CU

18. twoheart

twoheart Audiosexual

let me add:
    what is a being?
    what is life?
    what is the topic?
    who needs a topic?

19. spacetime

spacetime Platinum Record

id really like to know who these people are that voted the universe is a videogame made by an alien

contact me if you want to know about aliens latest expansion

20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

page 1 is what I think your wondering about sir.