What is real and not? (aka ATHESIM vs THEISM) (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by MMJ2017, Apr 17, 2017.

?

are you atheist or theist?

Poll closed Nov 17, 2017.
  1. theist

30.8%
  2. atheist

53.8%
  3. in between: for example: Taoism/buddhism (god-less religions)

9.9%
  4. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Divided by

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. "i don't know" + " i donm't know" + " idon't know" = God, souls, afterlife

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. I don't have the free will to answer this becuase i am a fictional charactor

1.1%
  8. the universe is a video game created by an alien

2.2%
  9. Vegan

2.2%
  1. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

2. farao

farao Rock Star

It do think it is an interesting discussion.

If we were to live in a simulation what you say could on the face of it have merit. But the thing is we do not know if we are. And as long as we do not have credible evidence for this, it would be rather peculiar to give it more merit than fiction.

Concerning dreams, we know quite well what is going on there, no reason to equate reality with fiction on that basis.

If we will create simulations and let other people live in them without letting them know, then WE can say that THEIR reality is our fiction. They can't without any evidence of course.

3. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

MMJ2017 since you haven't realized that I've already trumped your "logic/belief system" with my quotes, images, videos and links from big caliber and Nobel Awarded Scientists I can't do anything more...

Of course you can continue making annoying and irritating noise with concepts you cannot conceive...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  4. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

5. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

you got me sir. :D

clap clap clap clap clap

when you said

"real""real"" reality"

I knew the jig was up.:C

6. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

JIM STRATOS

"When you die you'll leave behind this biology and you'll "wake up" in a more real reality and your new "superior" biology will identify as a "dream" your current life due to the "lower" biology used to spark this dream in the first place. Just like the common dream that uses a smaller "part" of our biology to get started but when we use our "whole" biology (awaken) we identify our previous state as a dream."

do you believe this is real?
    just wondering how can I think it is real too? can you show anything?

how does that all happen?

which science shows this, say the part about

"When you die you'll leave behind this biology and you'll "wake up" in a more real reality"

can you just backup this tiny part of your whole proposition?

what IF that "more real reality" is not really real because there is a level above called " really really real reality?" does that cancel the other one out or is it still real reality?

"new "superior" biology"

the biology we have now is made of living cells by the trillions that make up our body,

what is the biology made of in the " superior" body?

7. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

Well, for you is not real I'm afraid. The real thing for you is that you will switch off and then... nothing.

But since that is true why are you making such noise in here trying to persuade and enlighten us for the "off state" that is ahead instead of being out with your friends enjoying your little precious time being alive despite the astronomical low possibility for this life to happen in the first place???

8. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

well, you are here too what YOUR answer to that question?

9. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

JIM STRATOS

"When you die you'll leave behind this biology and you'll "wake up" in a more real reality and your new "superior" biology will identify as a "dream" your current life due to the "lower" biology used to spark this dream in the first place. Just like the common dream that uses a smaller "part" of our biology to get started but when we use our "whole" biology (awaken) we identify our previous state as a dream."

how did you find out the truth of all these specifics ?

If this is true, why dont we have people leaving behind the biology they have there, coming back here with another biology and telling us what it is like? or that they are okay? then leaving behind the biology they have here appearing there again with the superior biology?

im not messing around i really want to know because i want to believe what your saying sir.
    if it is true i want to know like you

do they have laptops phones trains planes cars?
    do they have a sex life? eat food? play cards?

what do they do with their time?
    do they have money and jobs?
    is there books there?
    do they have grass and trees? does it rain and snow?
    are there heaters and air conditioners?
    is their vision like an eagle 100 times a normal humans or hearing like a dog 120times a normal human?
    give me a run through of a typical day in a superior body. what they do and interact with.
    are there overweight people?
    how many sexes are there? how many races are there?
    do they have tv stations and movies?
    do they have basic electricity like us?
    are they naked? or do they wear clothes made in a factory? made by hand? do they have corporations and factories that make stuff? is there an internet there?
    what are the houses like? what are they made of? do you get to have any size backyard you want? can you live in a skyscraper all to yourself?

10. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

The "nothingness" is ahead you and you stay here all these days to persuade/enlighten us for WHAT???

Go get a life dude...

11. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

Does pass from your mind that a person you persuaded for the "nothingness" may be sleeping with your girlfriend right now who (as you persuaded her also) reckons that time is very precious to wait for you to accomplish your...mission of "nothingness" in here (and very possibly elsewhere)???

12. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I dont know what you mean you are here, and like me you say you have answers like I have, in fact you said you have more and better answers than me.

"these days to persuade/enlighten us for WHAT???"

what is the answer for this why YOU are here?

13. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

I don't understand what you mean what is the answer for YOU that is here with me trying to persuade as well.

the same question equally applies to you sir. except for the nothingness part.

it a little strange you think i am making an argument that death exists?
    or an argument that the sky is blue?
    why would i NEED to?
    do I need to make an argument that humans have 2 arms 2 legs?

14. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

"Jim Stratos"

how do we tell which demonstrable evidence is false, and which fiction is true?

(that is your argument)

15. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

MMJ2017, let me understand.

Are YOU asking a THEIST like me why AM I here participating in such a discussion???

Really???

How pathetic...

(YOU were asked first and be polite and answer IF you have any answer, otherwise go get some sleep and continue your mission tomorrow...)

16. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

JIM STRATOS

how did you find out the truth of all these specifics ?

If this is true, why dont we have people leaving behind the biology they have there, coming back here with another biology and telling us what it is like? or that they are okay? then leaving behind the biology they have here appearing there again with the superior biology?

im not messing around i really want to know because i want to believe what your saying sir.
    if it is true i want to know like you

do they have laptops phones trains planes cars?
    do they have a sex life? eat food? play cards?

what do they do with their time?
    do they have money and jobs?
    is there books there?
    do they have grass and trees? does it rain and snow?
    are there heaters and air conditioners?
    is their vision like an eagle 100 times a normal humans or hearing like a dog 120times a normal human?
    give me a run through of a typical day in a superior body. what they do and interact with.
    are there overweight people?
    how many sexes are there? how many races are there?
    do they have tv stations and movies?
    do they have basic electricity like us?
    are they naked? or do they wear clothes made in a factory? made by hand? do they have corporations and factories that make stuff? is there an internet there?
    what are the houses like? what are they made of? do you get to have any size backyard you want? can you live in a skyscraper all to yourself?

17. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

so it is pathetic to ask the question you asked? got it.

I am showing you the flaw in your logic.

you went on about me being here trying to convince ( as you are here trying to convince)

next you say it is pathetic to ask a person why t hey are here, ( as you asked me why i was here)

the first pages explains in full detail that you didnt read and have no idea what the topic is, so you came here didnt read what it was about or why i was here, then you went on about being here to convince ( as you are) and you ask me why im here () because you didnt read why page 1 under the headline of thread) then you said asking why someone is here is pathetic, have you put it all together yet son? ( pats head gently)

I just care about how you know what happens and how it all works are they naked or they wear clothes? is a factory make clothes or made by hand? what are the houses like there? what is size of backyards?

18. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

Start from my first post and with the help of someone who trust and has a simple knowledge in Physics...

19. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

It is pathetic not knowing by now on what purpose a theist participates in such a discussion.
    It is also pathetic not to answer a question and return the question back without answering.

There are some more "pathetic" but I'm far too polite to mention...

20. Jim Stratos

Jim Stratos Ultrasonic

MMJ2017

If nothingness is ahead you WHAT are you doing HERE?

As simple as it gets...