What is Plogue Bidule audio direction?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bunford, May 22, 2017.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Stupid question, but I've been messing around with so much stuff today I can't even be bothered to try and figure it out :rofl:

If using the below, as a stereo in out VST plugin within a DAW, what is the travel direction of the audio? Does the audio/instrument come out the stereo pair in the top module and travel downward through a chain and into the mixer, or does the audio/instrument come out of the stereo pair in the bottom module and travel upwards? :rofl:

I'm guessing downwards makes more sense so the mixer can disconnect parallel chains before going to the output but, just thought I'd seek confirmation :)

upload_2017-5-22_22-55-51.png

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  3. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

yeah I think it was down.

4. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

A bidule has input and output connectors. The little squares on the top of the bidule are the input connectors and the one at the bottom are the output connectors.

[​IMG]

Each connector/cable colour specifies a different type of signal. Using the default skin:
    • Blue is for audio/data signals
    • White is for MIDI signals.
    • Yellow (frequency vector) and Orange (amplitude vector): Spectral Processing. These contain not the raw FFT results (complex vector), but actual properly phase vocoded and overlapped signal vectors.
    Please note that AU/VST plugins might show up an extra audio output connector. This means that the plugin introduces latency, the extra output will send the introduced delay amount in samples so you can use a Delay Line to have PDC (plugin delay compensation) when you need it.

https://www.plogue.com/bidule/help/ch02s02.html