What is on your plate? How to eat to be an creative and healthy musician?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Daisy69, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

I like to eat french fries, hamburgers, spaghetti, pizza and vegetables.
    And I eat sometimes 1 time a day, sometimes 2 times and sometime 5 times.
    Everything what I eat I cook myself. I am vegetarian so I made some food from meat subtitutes like hamburgers or spaghetti.
    But I am fat, sad, weak and have lack of motivation. I am far away from being healthy and creative!
    Don't follow my way of eating!

Let's start with someone famous.
    At least she is motivated and creative so maybe her way of eating and her food is worth trying.
    They say You become thing you eat!
    So when you eat famous musician you will be famous! LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

I don't want to start a debate here, but try meat and fish. High fat. And nuts. Reduce grain products. Especially if it is highly processed.

Thank me later

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Rice and turkey. But Sinus Well is correct. Fat is underrated. And people just do not know what foods contains high amounts of energy. Which indeed is grain stuff for example.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  5. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Thanks. But I am vegetarian for 2 years. I was eating meat and fish and everything and I feels the same or even worse.
    The devil is hidden more like into portions of food, variety, balance of fat, carbon and vitamins.

Forget about me. Just share what you eat, how you feels, about your experience with pros about diet or what eating your musician friends or people in the creative circle and is food have any influences of their job, thinking and creativity.

6. Riddim Machine

Riddim Machine Rock Star

EMT 250 (3 sec. decay)

7. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Yes. I agree 100% Fat is very very important. Omega 3-6-9 fatty acids and vitamins B12 & B6.
    The most of them are in Fish and in Meat too especially liver.
    So people if you can. Eat a lot of fat Fish and Meat or liver!
    Liver is very tasty with onion.

I understand why you guys recommend to me eat meat and fish.
    You can supply those things but they never be as high and energetic and good like real ones from fish or meat.

8. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Not only the food, but do you exercise? I don't mean like heavy lifting or gym, more like daily walks and stretching or even yoga. I can't live without daily walks. I can't give you any tips on food, cause I eat like you, maybe even worse..

9. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I try to eat healthily and it isn't easy but thankfully my supermarket, ASDA, helps me make wise choices.

Asda better for you fizzy drinks - taking care of your health.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

Me? Nope. I'm sitting on my big ass the whole day. I have lack of motivation for anything.
    Walking? Why? Where? What is the purpose? There are only mosquitoes and ticks. Better stay home - This is my mindset LOL

11. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

Today i ate salt with a bit of rice, but normally my diet consist of a variety of cookies and inhumane amounts of booze.

Oh right, you were asking about healthy food. No idea pal.

12. Adrianstrong

Adrianstrong Noisemaker

In my case, food is important so that the stomach does not bother you when creating music, I mean that you must satisfy your physical needs to concentrate on the music so it is easier to be productive, it is what comes out of my thoughts, It would be good to analyze the Maslow pyramid.

13. Daisy69

Daisy69 Platinum Record

I didn't watch it yet but title look attractive and I bet is true

14. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

I fast every day between 16 and 18 hours a day. When I'm not not eating lately I've been making a big salad with lettuce, serrated daikon radish and carrots, tomatoes, bean sprouts, cubed cucumber, jalapeƱos, some cranberries thrown in and a sauce of olive oil, aged balsamic with a splash of orange juice and liberally sprinkle some fresh dill on top of it all with some very nice Swiss raw milk cheeses on the side for lunch. For Dinner maybe I make an omlette or a curry with a little bit of meat and lots of vegetables. I've for the most part have cut out carbs like rice or potatoes and have substituted that with quinoa. I drink two or three cups of coffee a day, lots of water and never any soda or sweet drinks. I haven't smoked tobacco for 10 years ( I do however a hit of weed usually before bedtime to chill) and don't drink any alcohol at all because it makes me nauseous, probably my liver being over burdened from scooping up my Frankenstein zombie white B cells from the Leukemia I'm dealing with.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  15. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

There is something that people get wrong here. Which is differentiation.

This pyramid and their variations is not wrong in my eyes. People just have a problem with their definition of the size of the meals, which is not stated in this pyramid. It isn't written there "eat 1 package of cerials per day".
    What's basically written there, if you take a look at the whole pyramid is "eat balanced". A meal per definition of Nutritionists should consist foods that are stated in that pyramid in the specified relation.

The other thing that people get wrong here is, that this pyramid is the recommendation for the average healthy and working people. It is not a recommendation for overweighted/underweighted people, people who do a lot of sports or whatever.

I think the reason why people in general get confused about the recommendations is, that the communication of Nutritionists is very much focused on optimization. But the reality is, that the average person does not have the time anymore (which is not really true, but anyways) to concentrate the whole day on what they should eat now. So what they recommend is simply not practicable for the vast majority of people.

That's the main problem as far as I see it.

16. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic

Five Guys bacon cheese burger, cheese dog, bacon cheese dog, large fries, and a coke. I'm an obese music maker. Don't got many of those in the industry, huh?. Love me, please. :):no:

17. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

I wish you good luck with your struggle, I'm sure we all do here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. justwannadownload

justwannadownload Audiosexual

Usually there's only an EQ on my plate, to cut off muddy lows and boost the appropriate mids.
    If the plate itself is an insert on a snare, then I'll also blend it in a bit by reducing sustain with a transient shaper, and *then* compress and clip it.

19. mk_96

mk_96 Audiosexual

20. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

If you're a vegetarian then you need supplements of some kind. That, or you're B12 deficient otherwise, like myself.

I take a B1+B6+B12 pill every day, doctor's orders.

For other stuff I can only say what I have to do to keep myself functional (I'm also otherwise nutritionally challenged as well...) is: keep a food diary, also note stuff like weight, blood sugars and blood pressure (if you measure those), but also mood and "how do you feel" also. You can track what foods give you more pep and which make you feel dull or tired. Then make small adjustments to your diet, and see how things change. You'll eventually find a diet that works for you.

This goes doubly so if you're trying to reach an optimum weight.

21. VisionSierra

VisionSierra Ultrasonic