What is Nebula and why are there so many positive reviews.

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Desantïs, Feb 10, 2016.

1. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I don't have the stock library any more, it took up too much space for me, but there were a few presets of quality in there, it's been too long for me to remember them. A few other beta testers use them with success, I'll ask around.

2. digitaldragon

digitaldragon Audiosexual

I remember liking the 2055 Angels Hi EQ, which I think is from the stock library. I've also used the 300 Spartans Reverb, though it was for more an effect than using as a send. But by no means have I sampled the entire stock library to determine what I liked or didn't. After I purchased Olonga's presets, I never looked back as they were, in my opinion, far superior tonally to any of the stock libraries I had tried.

3. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

@Jaymz "pushed" me into the world of Nebula and all i can say is, its so much more forgiving than regular algo plugins, especially the EQs.
    You try to raise some 7-10k frequencies with ordinary plugins and you will quickly hear those harsh highs, while with Nebula, trying the Alex B. Massive Mix Eq, based on the manley passive EQ, its just a different world, its how its supposed to be.
    Easy and really good sounding, its pure fun working with this. Sounds like money.
    http://www.alessandroboschi.eu/html/alexb/mmeq_massive_mix_eq.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. Calmond

Calmond Ultrasonic

Angels Hi is one of the few I use from the stock library too. Sampled from an Avalon AD2055 I believe. Great for adding air to vocals.

5. I'd tell you the default, and very obscure, Nebula patch I use on almost everything but then I'd have to kill you.

6. dragonhill

dragonhill Guest

How many instances did/do you get with your Mac mini?

7. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual