what is current state of cubase 10 pro?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by tun, Dec 27, 2019.

1. dingoday

dingoday Member

All these sequencers are way too expensive, considering it might be obsolete soon and then you will need to buy it again.

Only Fruity Loops has fair pricing to me, wonder if they are doing good or bad.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  2. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

What is your point? The time you spent reading manuals and sitting behind a computer says nothing.
    Thousands of users have been using it since the early days, what makes you so special?

Old audio guys coming to these forums and arguing with teenagers and newcomers about how they are special because they used some old ass software before Christ. Grow up.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  3. 8bits

8bits Producer

Sorry but if you get crashes in the same Hardware system with
    He is really funny over any logical think; I started to explain that im using Qbase since age (Atari Pc and Mac) and iv found the last release very buggy one, and boom, the problem is that im discredit 'nd deprecate him, im a Pirate im using a Pirated version (LOL), and (LOOOOL)..I started to offend when he started this shit against me and this fucking PEBCAC (Problem Exists Between Chair and Computer) crap cyber terminology . Well, I can agree with this Pebcac but in one way only ...PROGRAMMERS not USERS, programmers are humans can make mistakes, im a regular user I pay and I can complain in first because I expect that a software must works fine, in second because I can help to improve it. I know what im doing with my DAW I can make mistakes in a mix, in a master, in a recording operation but a bug is a bug, is a software problem wtf is going on with this shitty crappy pebcac crap shit reading manuals and so on...Jesus are u OK?!
    Real users complain because they must finish a job and using buggy software is a pain in the ass! ..Real users... as somebody here told!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. hackerz4life

hackerz4life Audiosexual

He diagnosed your problem. You should be grateful. First is you are a pirate, second is pebcac and jails are full of people from this forum, he has informants at steinberg and he also has the first copy of cubase 1.0 serial number 10000000. :hahaha:

5. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

Fair pricing - LMAO

FL Studio (It hasnt been called Fruity Loops in ages) with all the stock plugins is about 4x the price of Logic X (£199) and 1.6x the cost of Cubase Pro or Logic Suite which are the alternative 'fully loaded' versions - its 812 euros fully loaded (https://support.image-line.com/jshop/shop.php)

You also dont 'buy it again' you have to only upgrade it every few years potentially (Logic X has been going 6 years so far without an upgrade fee) so you're talking crap basically. No one forces you to upgrade either many people stay on older versions if they're happy with the features on that version.

You seem like someone bent on justifying why you have to keep pirating your DAW though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  6. Roboto

Roboto Producer

Signature bundle has all features and comes with all effects except Transient Processor.
    The only missing stuff comparing it to the "fully loaded version" are some instruments that a lot of people don't even know about.

It's a fair price.

7. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

Fair enough but it isn't the full bundle though - the full bundle is 800 euros which is 1.6 times the Ableton or Cubase price. People can say 'well you don't need everything in Ableton Suite or Cubase Pro' well no you don't but thats the 'full' bundle for a proper comparison on price for the full DAW. You can make do with Ableton Standard for a lot less cash as well.

8. I still make a living from it and I can see you do not. You are a real user? :rofl::rofl:

9. Roboto

Roboto Producer

I'd say it includes more than Ableton Standard.
    Ableton Standard lacks "Operator". FL Signature includes "Sytrus" which is way much better.
    Ableton Standard lacks "Sampler". FL Signature includes "DirectWave".
    Ableton Standard lacks "Electric". FL Signature includes FL Keys and some DirectWave Instruments.
    Ableton Standard lacks "Drumsynths". FL Signature includes "Bassdrum"
    Ableton Standard lacks "Amp" and "Cabinet". FL Signature includes "Hardcore".
    Ableton Standard lacks "Convolution Reverb". FL Signature includes "Fruity Convolver".
    Ableton Standard lacks all related to "CV". FL Signature includes "Fruity Voltage" (new on this version).
    Ableton Standard lacks "Envelope". FL Signature includes "Fruity Envelope Controller".
    Ableton Standard lacks "Envelope Follower". FL Signature includes "Fruity Peak Controller".

And I'm probably missing more stuff. But we aren't sticking to the topic, which is Cubase.

10. dingoday

dingoday Member

1. FL Studio is lifetime. Cubase and Logic are not. You pay 189€ for a lifetime program (Producer edition). Cubase 10.5 pro is 539€ and you can throw it in the trash in couple of years. Or keep using it for the next 10 because it will stay the same boring,buggy resource hog it is.
    2. FL Studio plugins are horrible anyway, you dont need to pay that extra 600€ you are talking about
    3. Logic is not a choice unless you have a mac and then it becomes "the" choice you wanted anyway. If you did not go Hackintosh you can add 1500€ to the price of Logic
    4. Cubase is not capable of things you can do in FL like patterns. FL is capable of pretty much everything you can do in Cubase and its also faster at it.
    5. FL is so lightweight you can even drop it as a vst plugin and it will happily run slave. Thats amazing thing to be able to do

No doubt more hit tracks have been made with FL than Cubase or Logic combined.
    No doubt FL is the best deal out of every DAW there is unless you record a lot of microphones in which case it might be Reaper. I dont use FL though, i use Ableton live. Its so buggy daw i would at max pay a 100€ for it.

I had Cubase Pro license and sold it. Its was not worth 500€ for me. Not going back unless they come with something thats this day and not 20 years ago :guru:

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  11. dingoday

dingoday Member

Read my former post. You mean you can make do with something that costs more than FL (the best bang for buck daw :chilling:) and is stripped of basically everything that made Ableton great in the first place.

Yes the standard is ok deal in some cases but to strip all the features (dont dream of doing any hipster performances with plenty of controllers or anything funky) and then even limit tracks and effects to like 8 or whatever :D Its just asshole thing to do where as in FL you get everything except those plugins that were made 20 years ago that you dont even want.

12. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

So hang on you're here saying how much value for money FL is but yet you sound to be running a cracked Ableton? Ffs its almost comical.

13. 23322332

23322332 Rock Star

Hm, Mixcraft is very cheap for the included features and content (actually the cheapest one for a full production bundle). I have always underestimated it until a saw one dnb producer use it. Looks more advanced than FL or Live for example (I mention these two, because they seem to be the most popular daws today).