what is current state of cubase 10 pro?

Discussion in 'Cubase / Nuendo' started by tun, Dec 27, 2019.

1. tun

tun Rock Star

im talking about the non-legit one of course.
    my computer has been down for a while and i am doing a full start from scratch with it and i thought i would try cubase 10 (hopefully along side version 5).
    last i saw there was a DC version that was unstable and another, more stable version without DC.

what is the latest? is it worth installing?
    artist and elements wont work well for me because i need the sidechain for my workflow. not just for SC compression, i use them a lot for other things too, so i have yet to see a workaround that works for me.

thanks

3. MaXe1

MaXe1 Ultrasonic

It is unstable.

4. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

High Cpu usage for me compared to every DAW on my system. But i'm starting to suspect that my system does not like Cubase in general. No idea.

5. tzzsmk

tzzsmk Audiosexual

6. Lager

Lager Guest

I hope Steinberg faces bankruptcy so soon and its assets are shared among all ASers and we could finally slough its bad image off.:trashing:

D.jpg

7. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Where's Von_Steyr when we need him?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Lager

Lager Guest

I think he was one of the company's shareholders that his mission was as a decoy to inveigle the young girls and boys on AS and AZ into Steinberg's trap.:dunno:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Oh shit. Von_Steyr is Andreas Stelling..?

@tun There are plugins (FabFilter) that allow side-chaining directly from within itself.

10. Polomo

Polomo Guest

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. MaXe1

MaXe1 Ultrasonic

Reaper is a great DAW. But come on man, there is a reason that Cubase exists. If reaper was that good to entirely pass Cubase regarding functionalities no scene team would have even bothered unlocking it!
    Cubase is just not stable. Stable release of Cubase could change everything for poor producer(AKA fucked up people in their bedroom) community.

12. Polomo

Polomo Guest

I worked with a lot of different DAWs
    Starting with Cubase in 2002
    2005 Fruity Loops (today FL Studio)
    2013 Abelton Live, Logic Pro X and Studio One

Last Year Bitwig , Reaper

Somewhen between,Pro Tools but can't remember when exactly

, so I can say I have nearly all big one tried.

And My Top 3 Are Reaper, Bitwig and Logic Pro X

And only Reason for Cubase is it's long in the business and backed by a big companie
    (so many uses it because they used it since a long time)

Cubase itself is not bad ..... but if you use it as a non-keyed version there are some bad things about this DAW

-Very High Price (11 time Reaper if you make less than 20.000 a Year with music and 3 time if your you make more) (Only Abelton is more expensive )
    -A Dongle
    -Pay for every half step upgrade
    -Not that much customizable

Let me ask you this can a software really 11 times as good as an other .
    (only this would justify 11 times the price)

... and for scene teams it´s just the fun to crack something complicated.

For Crackers cracking is a hobby or more like a sport
    and Cubase is like mayor or championsleague

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
  13. Mister Grimm

Mister Grimm Kapellmeister

I run this version and i can say that i the only issue i have is when i try to load "HEAVY" projects that i made with leggit educational 8.5 , it crashes or it does not lead my kontakt tracks...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

He has left us resently - second time so far.

But I guess he´ll be back with comments about Steiberg, and everything else, issues some day in the future because of boredom :yes::lmao:

I have v.10 installed but not spend much time with it. v9.5 works nicely here :wink::yes:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  15. anon69

anon69 Producer

Q: How do you know if someone's a reaper user?
    A: Don't worry they'll tell you

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. anon69

anon69 Producer

Pretty much just mess around with it and don't do anything serious with it because its buggy like a motherf***, I wouldn't even bother to be honest. Even TEAM VR couldnt properly crack steinbergs Absolute 4. I'd just give it up.

If you really want cubase, you could just do a cheap crossgrade, buy a boxed $50 samplitude pro x1 on ebay, go to a website called best-service and fill out the crossgrade form showing that you own the product to crossgrade, and you would have gotten cubase pro 10.5 for $330USD which is 50% off of the full price. easiest and cheapest way to do it honestly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  17. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Or wait a very long time till they have version 20

I think they will give 50% for that too :bleh:

Or some Black Friday ,Namm or What ever deal.
    Or second hand.

But what anon69 wrote is an elegant way (one level up is waiting here for a humble bundle deal for 20-30 Buck )

(08.03.2018 was a deal on humble with a Samplitude Pro X2 Silver which should work as well for 25€) https://www.digitalproduction.com/2018/03/08/humble-bundle-magix-sounds-of-music/

So cheapest meh but 25 bucks who care about that.
    Your way is faster :winker:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
  18. timer

timer Producer

If you feel you really need Cubase and you're living in a western country, just get a job for 1-2 days and save that money for the next Cubase Artist promo then. IMHO this makes much more sense than waiting forever for a working crack.
    You'll need money for computer hardware anyway (let alone mics or acoustic treatment, if you're not into full-itb-EDM) and compared to plugin pricing with Cubase you get a complete production package quite cheap.

OTOH, if you've managed to work as a musician in a poor 3rd world country you're probably so good that your music will sound great recorded with any DAW. -;)

19. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

Q: How do you know someone is a Cubase user?.
    A: They keep upgrading there PC to keep up with the bloatware and are broke.
    Also to have spent $500.00 on software and tell us that it does what better?

20. evolasme

evolasme Producer

I don't get it, people bag on Cubase because of this or that.

after seeing so many comments on so many threads I've come to this conclusion...

1. there hasn't been a stable version cracked since H20 did Cubase SX5 so there for it sucks because I can't have it for free
    2. ( insert other DAW name here) is so much better because( insert myriad of reasons here) aka I cant have Cubase for free
    3. let's run a pole that will prove it!!! noting all the top DAWS voted for can be obtained on the sister site for free.

some things you're just gonna have to live with.

1. Use what you want, the best DAW is the one that works best for you. personally I use Cubase. for my workflow and end results, i like Cubase best. I've tried other DAW and was underwhelmed with the results. is it the best, I don't know but for me yes

2. just because you got your DAW from the sister site or using an open-ended demo does not mean Cubase sucks

3. If you need to upgrade your box to run Cubase all it means is it was time to upgrade anyway. all this is keeping up and utilizing technology you don't need to upgrade. you can do amazing tracks on an old windows 7 box all of this is just tools, not magic.

4. if your broke all the time it prolly just means your a Musician. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  21. tun

tun Rock Star

i use sidechain inputs as a sound design tool, so i route all kinds of things all over the place for all kinds of uses. internal SC inputs are not good enough for my workflow :(