What internal video recording software is best for DAW or plugin tutorials?

Discussion in 'Software' started by dbmuzik, Feb 19, 2016.

1. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Would anyone like to share their knowledge about which internal video capturing software (compatible with Win7) you think is best for visual tutorials, reviews, etc.?

3. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

I'm a novice when it comes to knowing/trying video capturing software, but I like Xsplit Broadcaster. I hear good things about OBS (Open Broadcaster Software, which is free) and Camtasia.

Here's one I did recently with Xsplit Broadcaster:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  4. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

As Baxter mentioned: I have done quite a lot of screencast-recording with Camtasia. It's quite ok, more or less stable and allows for recording on multiple screens or rectangular sections within those.

If the material to be recorded goes DirectX or OpenGL (Games or an ocasional VST-plugin interface) I'd take Fraps which originates from the gaming community and is pretty solid.

That's for recording only ... once I have the visual material, I usually stitch everything together in Sony Vegas (or Premiere if the projects requires it).

lemme see ... plain and simple Windows-skin ... Total Commander ... I recognize a hoopy frood who knows where his towel is, when I see one.
    PS: lol ... your daughter (?) with the plastic "cowbell" ... too cute :wink:

5. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking for. If my presentations look as clear as yours Baxter I'll be happy with that result.

6. BBSiteUser

BBSiteUser Producer

http://camstudio.org/ ... CamStudio is another, widely used and free capturing program

7. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

Thanks BBSiteUser.. I'll take a look these you mentioned and see what looks good to start off with.

8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

camtasia for tutorials, obs or dxtory for dx or opengl stream caps.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List