What in the actual f#ck could be the reason behind this?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by maverickvd, Sep 15, 2019.

1. maverickvd

maverickvd Member

Hello friends, I'm in need of your suggestions/advice/tips.

I bought Adam Audio T5V's (alongwith RME Babyface Pro audio interface) and was blown away by the incredible clarity in the sound I was hearing from them.

Here comes the twist, so recently I had to move to a new place and as I turned these ON, I was shocked to see that the sound clarity isn't even 20% of what it had been for past 9 months. It sounds as if there's some blanket over the speakers. Entire audio spectrum (low, mid, high) is completely muffled.
    • I tried raising the volume but still the issue remains the same.
    • I even tried putting these on monitor stands, still nothing.
    • Then I noticed that the issue might be the room acoustics. I tried placing them at various positions, still nothing. (Interestingly, my previous place was nowhere acoustic friendly either BUT still these babies rocked that entire apartment)
    Now IMHO, the problem can only be in either in this bedroom (which I'm highly suspecting) with 3 doors and 2 big windows OR the issue is in the monitors itself.

(Just so you know, there was no physical damage to these speakers as I took special care of these and had them in their oroginal boxes with foam and all of that while moving)

Please help me out! It's driving me nuts! Thanking you in advance!

Note: Assuming that room acoustic is the issue, then would a room eq correction software like
    Sonarworks Reference 4 solve this issue considering that alongwith the clarity, volume has gone low as well?

3. The problem is likely to be to that the low end is too hot and resonating rather than that the top end is too quiet. Room correction software will help. Get your heavy furnishings and bookcases sorted out and don't have reflective surfaces that line up with the listening position. And remember Adam's focus the hi end into a 30 degree cone, if you're sitting off axis you're in the wrong listening position.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

A room does have an effect, however, these are near field monitors and you had them in another untreated room. Accordingly, an 80% difference in a NFM is just too much to attribute to the room. My friend, it is either the audio interface or an audio setting/setup that you have wrong. We are humans. We all make mistakes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List