What have I done please help!

Discussion in 'Software' started by Cambogia, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Cambogia

Cambogia Newbie

Omnisphere is my absolute favorite plugin and I truly can not live without it
    It runs so fast and so well on my PC I simply can't get enough of it
    I downloaded 2.8.0d and went ahead and updated only to find that it now agonizingly takes almost a minute to open when loading it up and removing it in Ableton Live and all other DAWS when in 2.7 it took not even 5 seconds
    SO I decided OKAY maybe it's just a version issue I'll just go back only to revert and be face with the same if not worse issue
    I'M SO CONFUSED please any help would be appreciated I'm desperate :(

3. clone

clone Audiosexual

it may still be a version issue. you may have not successfully cleaned everything up before trying to downgrade back to 2.7x. As an example, a newer file (driver,etc) can be installed and then not replaced by an older version, unless specifically removed first. so your old program now has the new problem still. :guru:

on Mac there is no difference at all in legit 2.7 to 2.8 upgrade. it shouldn't be any noticeable difference for a pc. so uninstall, clean, reinstall 2.7. worst case scenario; rename plugin folders to backups, uninstall/reinstall Ableton, clean, then 2.7. Leave Omnisphere if you can fix without an uninstall though first. It takes forever....

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021