What happend to Warez?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Someone, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Not that long ago, maybe about a year or one and a half, everything was so easy. I knew a few sites, all trustworthy, with large communitys etc. Lots of downloads, only worries were about if theres a freehoster aviable or not.

Then I got access to faster internet, and started streaming. Instead of german language, I watched everything in english. There are big sites for english streams.

I had my sources for MP3s, got everything fast.

If I didnt found something, google was the solution.

Right now it got so complicated... Sites went offline. Sites changed.

Three of my favorite movie sites gone down. My favorite MP3 site closed, my other source went all bananas with viruses. And Google is no big help anymore. I rarely find any helping waez entrys, mostly shit and scams.

What happend?

3. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

I get all my stuff mainly from three of four sites, always fresh stuff, directly from my RSS feed. Of course sites go down on a regular basis, but there's always new sites popping up fast. Not that bad at all. :wink:

4. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Try to download and use the custom TPB browser which i've heard that is optimised to fight censorship, so see if it will fix something for you, because recently, i know that the browsers are usually optimised along with the search engines to avoid piracy-related sites or content. I'm not sure that it gonna help you, but at least you can try. I never installed it because i found everything i needed on my IE11.

5. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Devolution, that's what. :rofl:
    I don't have any problems with sites I am visiting, perhaps that the links get dead more quickly, but that's that :thumbsup:

BTW, throw away MP3s, get FLACs, the difference is undoubtely there and once you upgrade your listening rig, you won't be 'forced' to throw away all the lossy stuff :bleh:

6. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Google has many many things in place to push 'illegitimate' sites to the bottom of results pages. This with Sopa, pipa, dcma, pressure from big money hungry blinded corporations, etc.

Sites go down when other sites go down. If a hoster goes down you will probably see a couple sites cease operations. Think if UL and RG stopped. What would happen then to some sites we all know?

Sometimes people just get lazy and stop working on site upgrades. Many various possibilities. And so far as i know browsers dont stop piracy-related sites, thats your ISP and source thats stopping it (verizon and google try to block it).

Using independent open source and open-minded browser is a good option. The most well known browsers are Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Dolphin, Etc. Of those Firefox is the best and open-minded, then Dolphin. Not sure if dolphin is for desktops though, maybe only phones and such devices.

These things will happen. But when one goes down another takes its place.

7. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

C'mon Dre', how can you disrespect me like that :rofl: "Devolution"? Really? :dancing: , well, no problem, we'll talk further next time when we'll be out for a beer, respectively in the new year night. :mates:

8. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

Might throw that in now: Anybody knows a good MP3 source?

BTW I use Iron, Chrome in private :rofl:
    Have all the benefits of chrome, but better privacy.

Its just that all my old sources for movies and stuff leave. And many of the new sites suck. Im glad theres Multimediaz, already helped me :wink: Thanks Saint

9. dokx1

dokx1 Ultrasonic

I find a lot of new stuff here, just a selection:

It really depends on the genre I guess, but there are still many many sites to choose from.

Sorry, no links sharing allowed

Xsze

10. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Dokx
    Use PM because you know our rule about no warez linking. I know you were just trying to help the guy out and it's Christmas so no warning this time. :wink:

I'm actually going to talk to SAiNT about this because we can't exactly get a DMCA over a link to another warez website so maybe he would allow that kind of linking. I think he only really cares about things that we can get a notice over but I should ask before I allow it.

11. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

There's also TPB & rutracker for general music.

12. Mechanix604

Mechanix604 Kapellmeister

Hi Someone,

irie.in is a good mp3 site

13. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Yes, Rutracker is hot, especially for naked russian girls pics.(if you don't know russian, like me, the google chrome is the best in translating while browsing but whatever :mates: i don't wanna be off-topic, but i just agreed with that adress, and no, it's not about warez).

14. Andrew

Andrew AudioSEX Maestro Staff Member

Rutracker is a great source of music. There are nearly all released albums, including some rare ones, like Armageddon 2CD score. :rofl:
    Otherwise I recommend ff shrine and teh paradox (google it :thumbsup: )

15. HebrewInTheRain

HebrewInTheRain Noisemaker

Rutracker.ru is good for lots of things. Its a bittorrent site though. No direct dl.

16. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

And theres the problem... Without good IP protection I wont use torrents in germany... To risky. DDL isnt that risky here, most of the time its to complicated for lawyers to track IPs down that way.

Will check it out *yes*

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

how i search for stuff on google: (ready for 2014 and filtering)

go to prelist dot ws(or others) - get scene release and search via google. this technique will bypass somehow all the crap google tries.
    works fine - if its released in the scene - you will find a link pretty fast.

i noticed also: today you can enter "Beyonnnce album 2013" and end up on the page with downloads.
    (makes it freaking hard to find ebooks)

18. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Israbox.com is a good source for MP3, FLAC`s, etc Bro. Good selection too, you didn`t mention any specific genres and israbox caters for most stuff.

Cool place I found not so long back for mixes, EDM, etc is mixupload.org.

For movies I rarely bother DLing them any more, tis just so much easier to stream them. Putlocker has been a main stay of mine when me and Mrs. Pilz fancy a flick.

This whole iNet censorship, blocking and spying game is a fookin joke! We will look back over the last 10 years in the not too distant future as being the "good old days". Well, either that or we will actually all get off of our arses and tell the bent bastards running this corrupt world that "We`re mad as hell, we aint gonna take it no more!!!" Ha! Like that`ll happen. :(

19. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Exactly ArticStorm. The sites are incidental and all you need is a good preDB for what you're after. I actually have an interesting idea for a really cool preDB project but that'll have to wait until later and will require help from the community to maintain.

20. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

There are services like www.zbigz.com that can turn torrent to DDL. Free accounts have restrictions like max torrent size = 1GB.

EDIT: and some sites may not work with it.

21. UV19

UV19 Member

My favorite right now is a Chrome extension for Grooveshark called the "Grooveshark Downloader" its not official so you will have to manually install (read directions on page, its just drag and drop). Then when you search on Grooveshark a little green "D0wnload" link appears next to the songs. Have fun!