What exactly is a major placement?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Misterguywick, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Misterguywick

Misterguywick Producer

what do loop makers mean by "Royalty Free for all purpose other than Major Placements"

3. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

means if you got your music placed in a movie or tv they ask you for royalties

4. MichaelPatterson

MichaelPatterson Kapellmeister

In other words, "royalty-free unless you make money with it-- then, I want some, too." :rofl:

5. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

Major vs Minor...at least in theory.

6. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

I've noticed this in the past without understanding it. Is it legally enforceable with past cases where people have had to cough up £$? IMO it defeats the object somewhat.

I really dislike the legal profession becoming ever more involved with artists in the pursuit of cash. That recent Katy Perry ruling was a bad joke, anyone with even a rudimentary understanding of basic music theory could hear that the similarities were negligible. I suppose record companies have to make their money somewhere, now that the gravy train is rusting in a siding.