what ever happened to serious sounds

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by lightsout, Mar 13, 2015.

1. lightsout

lightsout Newbie

There was an amazing forum back in the day that I used to love to death. They had all sorts of educational tutorials, but I went to their website today and it's down. Saying that the domain is for sale. Does anyone have any info regarding this. I don't believe I even got an email that they were shutting down, such a shame!

3. MNDSTRM

MNDSTRM Platinum Record

Isn't asking on this forum about another similar forum like asking your girlfriend for her best friends number?

4. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

If you are talking about TSSN (The Serious Sound Network) the owner died and it was to hard to switch ownership so unfortunately it got shutdown.

5. mrwatson

mrwatson Noisemaker

Hi guys. I know the forum. I also used to go on there back in the day. It's sad that the owner died. I would like to bring it back online. I bought the domain name when it expired. I don't have a lot of the original content though. If anyone printed out anything from it, please let me know? I reached out to one of the mods and main posters, manducator and he's keen to get back on it. We don't have a lot of content anymore though. If I could get some of the old content back up, it would encourage more people to sign-up again. I'm hoping someone printed some PDFs that we can get? I put a few of the posts up as blog posts and put them on my existing site that already has decent traffic to try to get some exposure to the serious sounds name again and some people interested in starting up the forum again. Send me a PM if you're keen to be apart of it. If I get enough requests, I can re-launch the forum. I'm a little worried that if I put it up without much content on it, that no one will use it.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020