What edm plugins and fx's?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by peshti, Feb 20, 2020.

1. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

TBH you're asking a very broad question and you'll get broad answers. There are too many thing that can do so many other things so use this thing or that thing. The better question would have been what are you using to get this type of effect or this type of sound. Just my opinion.

2. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

Well a Ableton may not be a plug-in but I really think this is huge in the edm culture...

Wanted to try edm also... No way. I have no connection to that world at all but I realized they have great producers and different approaches I can learn a lot from.

And Ableton is good for everything. Gonna dig into that more ... There's good stock plugins in there too.

Think the synth doesn't really matter... The presets do.

Riser synth vst makes those typical edm risers and transitions.... Or it reminds me of edm idk.

Hope you make your own style of edm... Then maybe I can stick with it too.

3. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Deleted

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  4. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

5. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Mentioned earlier, Sylenth1.

You could always go down the NI Maschine route, excellent controller with a load of sounds and Massive synth included (and other FX EQ etc). Would cover 95%.
    Avenger is another solid choice and would cover literally anything EDM related.

Genre depending, pick one and stick with it is also excellent advice. Think of it as your instrument.

6. peshti

peshti Member

Thanks!

I'm really unsure what edm genre I want to make, I just know that the real trippy stuff doesn't appeal to me.

Also I usually don't listen to EDM, I have just got this crazy idea that I making another genre from time to time will teach me so much.

My main focus is actually orchestral cinematic music, so in my case I will rest when I make edm but I don't want to make shitty edm, like it doesn't have to sound amazing but at least okay. I will also actually make some sampled beats but I know how to do that pretty well, except that I need to learn more fx stuff like sidechainig and probably more, but I'm definitely more confident in sample based beats.

Here is some stuff I like jonas aden - strangers do and I like some avicii but I don't listen actively to EDM. I realize avicii has done some more chilled tracks too that almost doesn't count as EDM.

I think I fall into the category of wanting to make deep house, and emotional edm I guess this could get into the genre of house at least.

7. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

:deep_facepalm:

8. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

OP is paradebeispiel for this wrong EDM terming thing
    --

OP sure for example in DUB music a dub delay is genre fx but you need to choose youre genre and study it first...
    its kind you ask for schablones otherwise

9. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

Damn you know what I mean I don't buy Nexus merch either ....

Get that prophet guys or build your own if you don't want to use serum or rapid or something lol

Oi rapid has free demo but has limitations. It's not so popular I assume but I think it's a strong one

https://parawave-audio.com/rapid_demo