What do you use to remove Win 10 bloatware?

Discussion in 'PC' started by chumbo, Sep 8, 2021.

1. chumbo

chumbo Ultrasonic

I googled removing bloatware and I found tons of scripts/apps created for this purpose alone. Being so many of them, can anyone recommend one?
    I ran a script I found to remove bloatware and change some settings but I'm not too happy with it because it had options like 'remove MS Apps' and boom..it removed tons of apps with no prompt and no selection process! Now I'm missing some apps I would have liked to keep!

So anything out there that isn't too hard to use and offers a maximum of flexibility and choice during the process?
    Thanks!

3. DJK

DJK Rock Star

4. boogiewoogie

boogiewoogie Platinum Record

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Remove bloatware on Android and iOS

a. Remove Android bloatware
    Experienced smartphone users with technical know-how can dare to use root access to remove bloatware: With root rights you have full access to your Android smartphone and can thus completely free it from unwanted software. We expressly do not recommend this for laypeople, because a root can also accidentally delete important system files. You get root access by downloading a script, which starts automatically after installation and carries out a rise in rights. This will make you a super user with root permission. Please note that with some manufacturers all warranty claims expire after a root.

A simpler method is to switch off the unwanted apps manually. To do this, go to the settings of your Android device and call up the menu item "Apps" or "Applications". All installed applications will be displayed there. Click on the desired app and select "deactivate" - done. It now only takes up a fraction of the previously used storage space, is also no longer active in the background and does not affect the system resources of your smartphone. Nice side effect: You save battery.

b. Remove iOS bloatware
    Since the update to iOS 10, there is also an option to deactivate apps on Apple phones. Standard applications such as FaceTime or iBooks can be removed from the home screen after the update. However, removing does not mean that the apps will be deleted. Only user data is deleted; however, the application remains on the hard drive. After all, your home screen will look tidier afterwards.
    This is how it works: Hold the app to be deleted lightly with your finger until it wobbles and then tap on the cross that appears. Then select "remove". Finally, press the Home button.

Source: https://blog.deinhandy.de/unnuetze-apps-so-entfernst-du-bloatware-von-deinem-smartphone

6. Academia

Academia Producer

I don´t know what I did wrong, but I remember using one of those scripts taht removed a good chunk of MS bloatware, and then aftger one of the stupid Windows update all that crap was there again, smiling at me.
    :dont::dunno:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Yeah updates tend to change settings (aka reseting to default) and install apps ...
    There is a way around this, you have to deactivate via group policy the Remote Desktop Service if i remember right?

Or you skip entire new versions and update manual only security updates (essential ones).

You can turn windows updates off via NoVirusThanks Win Update Stop. With one click you can turn updates on again and maybe install a package manual.

Yeah there was a scipt, which i used too. I wouldnt advise to deinstall Edge, when you do - like i did - you end up with lots of services broken.
    I simply removed Edge as Browser, it still lives on my HDD (taking a bit storage up).

The apps you can install by hand, other things you can manage with group policy - like deactivate defender, etc

This always takes like a week to fix and restore normality, after i did a windows update to a new version. Thats why i hardly do this, it just fucks to much with all settings ... :dont::deep_facepalm::knock:

EDIT:
    this worked very good! thanks for the Tip!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  8. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

You did nothing wrong. It's a know ball-buster of Win10 updates

9. Dalmation

Dalmation Kapellmeister

10. pratyahara

pratyahara Pending Deletion