What do you think of this track?

Discussion in 'Work in Process' started by Elnur Magerramov, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Elnur Magerramov

Elnur Magerramov Kapellmeister

Well, here is the track. Go hard on it, I want to hear all you criticism (constructive) and also looking for a Vocalist (both male and female) to feature in a track, vocals needed for breakdown and maybe some adlibs here and there. The track will be signed on an American label and distributed on all platforms (except maybe Yandex Music).

So, comrades, how can I improve this track? Maybe adding some more ear candy. I know, that breakdown sounds dull and boring now, cause needs vocals, what else would you recommend?

Here is the link:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. clone

clone Audiosexual

I like it. Maybe you will get some good suggestions. Mine is to not take them up on them until after you put the vocal in place :)
    Is this from Logic?

4. Elnur Magerramov

Thanks. Yeah, that makes sense, without vocals is hard to feel the whole track as finished product. Nope, I use Studio One.

5. Magic Max

Magic Max Platinum Record

Best Answer
    I'm sure I heard this track in 1993. But my memory is hazy at best from back then. The track seems to be 3 distinct sections. You begin with 1, then 2, 3 and back to 1. The piano is definitely 90's Italian House and seems to belong to another song. I'd say lose the piano and the too predictable chord progression. Very Chicane. But I love the beginning and end.

6. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

Sounds like Cosmic Gate from the 90s, I kinda like it.

7. clone

clone Audiosexual

I did not listen to the breakdown because you mentioned you are changing it, by adding a vocal. You could probably get some more milage out of the 303 style acid synth line, and also the synth squelch around 18second. A little movement just as part of your mix anyway, but I think you could make them more prominent.

You mix is subtly complex. It sounds sort of simple, but so does a flying leap. I ask about Logic, because it has a feature called project alternatives. You could leave this mix alone and do a ton of stuff at the same go. anyway. nice work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Ryck

Ryck Guest

I like the song, if it's true, it sounds 90. Maybe if you want it to sound more current you could change the sound or add others. Although I like to do fusions with "techno", I'm not very into the environment, so I don't know if my criticism would be so objective, it also depends on what you want to do. I offer myself as a singer, either for you to try how it would look, or to make the song in question. The only thing is that my voice is soft, I don't have a powerful voice, it's a melodic voice.
    Good Job!

9. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Very good man congrats!!!Fantastic mix also.Now on the breakdown you could add some nice female vocals that you chop up after when the track picks up the energy.Dont over do it because the track is very good already

10. Snare Gel

Snare Gel Kapellmeister

Just curious, how much compression are you putting on the mix, and what are your LUFS on the master?

11. Barncore

Barncore Platinum Record

It's not a genre i listen to, but it sounds very well mixed to me

12. Elnur Magerramov

Yeah, I agree, piano sounds kinds cheesy with the following saw chords. When I`ll have a vocalist I`ll change the breakdown completely I think and make it more suitable to vocal I will have.

Idea of the track is bring back those 90s ravy atmosphere but with touch of modern sounds and structure.

I have a version with a 404 acid line and much more other sounds. I`ll play with 303 again until it gives that power and movement I`m looking for.
    Yeah, when I started this track after adding a melody bassline and kick I was like oh that`s it, it is full and complete, but then you start adding some stuff and mix becomes quite busy.
    I think you can make versions in SO too, I`ll check that.

If you get those 90s vibe then my goal is achieved here :)
    Oh, share some links of your tracks maybe we can work on something new, not only this track.

I hate vocal chops)) Used to love them when I was younger, but now I turn off the track if I hear those vocal chops or stutters ASAP :)
    Around -10 LUFS. I add multiband on master and compress individually depending on the mix. But this one has around 1-2dB of GR on each band. Only the highest ones are 2-3 dB.
    Sometimes I add glue compressor on master if the track is asking for it. I love The Glue by Cytomic.