What do you think of this song? Hit or fail?

Discussion in 'Music' started by JTSD, May 22, 2018.

1. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Not interested. Edited text

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  2. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Nice production.
    Fits right in.

3. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

No it's not you big fat liar.
    You know his discography is just one google search away, right?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

Anis don Demina (born 25 April 1993)[1] is a Swedish DJ, singer, and musician... In 2017 he signed a record deal with Warner Music and released a music single "On My Mind" which received 1,5 million streams in its first month.

Yup. Pork Pies

5. Bullshit post. as @fraifikmushi said...I don't like the song anyway, it's so obvious and contrived, there is nothing I heard to ever tempt me to listen to it again. In fact if it wasn't for your lie would never have listened to it in the first place. I wish I could take back my time as well as my click.

Signed,

Disgruntled and Maligned

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

@JTSD, just let it be, no point in arguing issues you are not interested in, even it it itches your fingers just let it be.

regarding the feedback on the track been "ordinary", ordinary is totally ok, there are thousands of reasons why one may find oneself collaborating around a mainstream light pop production, theres nothing nothing wrong with it. it doenst mean that is all one is going to do for the rest of ones whole life!

specially in first years of a carrier (or in any case really), i rather have a nice completed polished project/collaboration behind me, with all the positive implications that include as new contacts, discipline, deadlines and general experienced gained about the whole process no matter how "pop", than sitting at home waiting for the "perfect" project to showcase my supposed greatness "above pop tunes".. :)

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  7. JTSD

JTSD Producer

Noticed there was a "page 2" of this thread.

Let me say that nor the "Artist" nor the guy on vocals have ever met my friend, whom I'm promoting.

You got it all wrong and instead maybe you should Google "how the music industry works"

It's weekend and I really wish you all a pleasant time.
    Monday is soon here ...

open.spotify.com/track/5tHimrhxvVlKNhWX7VUvu5?si=H2ew9xZqTO27gfAvhW2wwA

8. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

And who would be that? And sure you're promoting him? As of now nobody here knows who your friend is and if promoting him is what you want to do you failed miserably.
    Yeah if we got it all wrong then why not correct us? That google search turned out pretty inconclusive.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. JTSD

JTSD Producer

A team writes the song - a different team fronts it and gets the credits. :mates:

open.spotify.com/track/5tHimrhxvVlKNhWX7VUvu5?si=9oP2NeQyTfe6hme2OkqJ2A

10. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

Where I'm coming from, writer's are credit and get a writer's share, which is pretty significant.

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

... and protected by law, here.

12. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

well, that sounds like a really nasty thing i must say :unsure:

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

It sounds like an album track, and I'm interested enough to play an album by you in my car. The 'fucking...', no radio can't play that. It doesn't sound like a shiny radio hit, no. It needs polishing up a bit. More things going on in production. Maybe a little harmony work on the vocals, some radio hit electronic twiddles, dunno, it doesn't sound radio-cool to me. It DOES sound like a damned good album track, and where can I download the album please?

14. Moodswing

Moodswing Newbie

The instrumental is not living up to the potential of the vocal, maybe "remix" it yourself or do a VIP

15. JTSD

JTSD Producer

Maybe I was not clear enough - The posted "google-search" was more of a sarcasm because I thought you know how the music business functions. Every published song has a lot of people credited and some deserve it more than others, mildely speaking ..

My friend is one of the co-writers and this is the first song published that he has co-written. Hard work pays off - in this case.

open.spotify.com/track/5tHimrhxvVlKNhWX7VUvu5?si=1QlsqAPCTlKHgqrtrdeY1g

16. JTSD

JTSD Producer

17. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

I didn't listen to the song. I was intrigued by " Hit or Fail", which is ridiculous, as if anyone here would know the answer. Music industry "experts" don't really know either. Since I surely don't know, I will give you my opinion.......... If it is a hit in today's music world, I would consider it a fail anyway.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. JTSD

JTSD Producer

Thanks for the input. Would you have listened to it if "Hit or Fail" was omitted?

(Didn't ask for the opinion of the music industry, rather the opinion of the forum members.)

19. westfinch

westfinch Platinum Record

You missed the point. No one knows what is a hit or miss. If they did, they would own the world. I know what you were asking, and to whom you were asking. I normally do not listen to the music people post here. They are usually wanting professionals to help with a mix, or promoting their latest attempt to copy others, hoping to jump on the money train. You are a newbie here, and are promoting and hoping you will get some clicks on Spotify. That's fine.......you aren't the first. I have been a studio owner/engineer/producer since 1983. I have been a professional musician and songwriter for 51 years. I have produced and performed on a few "hits". To this day, I have no idea what people may buy or like. I have seen pure crap become major recordings. I wouldn't have visited this thread except for the "hit or fail" comment. Good luck on your promotion, but I really don't have the patience, or time to expose my ears to another round of wobble, overused Autotune, same 4 chord progression, and "lifted" samples. Only originality perks my ears, and from the opinions you've already received, I can deduce this song has no originality. Again, good luck.

Regards
    westfinch

20. JTSD

JTSD Producer

OK. You never listen to other songs than your own then ... only rely on how others have reviewed "others" songs and spend three ore more minutes (the standard lenght of a song) to write about a song you have not listened to ...

And also, I don't understand this philosophy of yours:

"If it is a hit in today's music world, I would consider it a fail anyway."

Good luck with your music production!