what do you think about this sound ?

Discussion in 'Working with Sound' started by zcbd, Nov 19, 2014.

1. zcbd

zcbd Newbie

hey, I am want to know what do you think about my mix to a new track that i'm working on.
    this is a sketch, please let me know what you think about it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7cfouhe80xb78c5/Skiza.mp3?dl=0

3. Gramofon

Gramofon Producer

It's ok overall. Quite balanced but a bit flat/sterile (nothing stands out and it's a bit one-dimensional [little depth]) and kinda thin.

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Yep, it needs a big space on the master bus I think. You should maybe work on the sounds of the synths more. It sounds pretty standard/generic at the moment. If you want this, it's okay. But not my cup of tea.

5. deftmonk

deftmonk Newbie

man I just wrote you a very thorough and in depth response and then accidentally clicked add reply instead of post doh! shortened rendition: sounds a bit dry... little bit more wet would be great. also could use more in the sense of adding voices to compliment the progression of the song maybe try to copy some of ur favourite artists until you find your own voice ;) for instance 8 bar with melody synth,atmospheric stuff, possibly extremely simple whole note bassline then 8 with same stuff plus clap and a pad with lp filter set middle of the road then 8 with bass drum and snare entering entering but adding yet anything synth melody line this one possibly in harmony, an arp and opening the pad's filter up. (once u get all this now need to talk about mid/side mixing the synths/pads proper use of transient taming comp and side chain comp but luckily for u this is all covered here: free for all us audiosex people from Fuad http://beat-tweaks.com/free-course/. Btw lots of good stuff going on as well bro! just didn't mention that because I figured you already knew it ;)

6. realitybytez

realitybytez Audiosexual

just kidding. it's not my cup of tea, but i think the other commentors have given you some useful direction.

7. zcbd

zcbd Newbie

thank you all,

I am searching for good leads and cant find.. (I dont know to synthesize)
    can you guys give me an idea were to find good presets ? (even with pay)

and how can I do my sound more wet ?

8. Baxter

Baxter Audiosexual

1) There are hundreds of preset-companies out there, and there are thousands of FREE presets (KVR, blogs, etc). Then it's just composing, layering, processing, mixing and mastering.
    2) Reverb, delay...

9. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Wet just means a little more effected by reverbs and delay.

If you look on most reverbs or delays you will find a dry/wet knob. Find a sound with a good transient, like a snare. Solo it and pass it through a reverb. Now play with the wet/dry knob. Best way to learn is to experience. :wink:

There are some cool tutorials that specifically deal with reverb and delay. I`m pretty sure being a member of this sweet forum you will know exactly where to find such tutorials, and also the presets you want without the "pay" you mention. *yes*

Cool sound you have going though. Stick with it. Follow the advice above and groove on. :grooves:

10. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Lerning the basic principles of creating your own Leads and basses will help you a lot in shaping your own sound AND you also save a lot of Time as well, because you will know what to tweak if using presets that ar okay, but not quiet what you want.

So I would say, pick a synth that you already like and then watch a tutorial series of that on youtube

Here is are very good Channel with in depth Tutorials for N.I. Massive and Xfer Serum (both Wavetable Synths)

More wetness is achieved by turning stuff down and putting a reverb on the master fader as I already mentioned :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/doriandaymusic/playlists

11. zcbd

zcbd Newbie

Thank you all ! :)