What do you think about this mix? Acoustic live session

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Santii7979, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Santii7979

Santii7979 Ultrasonic

Hope you like it guys!

3. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

I like it! All elements sound great... The vocalist is awesome and she really stands out in this mix.

Only suggestion (personal bias)... more reverb on everything... sounding a little dry to me... a lil reverb will make it more alive I think...

4. Seedz

Seedz Rock Star

Really nice moosh, the only thing I'm hearing noticably wrong is that the vocal is a little to strident in the highs,not by much, but it might be worth looking at a little dynamic EQing up around the 3K mark or thereabouts..........TDR GE Nova will spot it for ya.

5. fraifikmushi

fraifikmushi Guest

I would give the piano more presence and body. The overall sound could use more warmth/intimacy (a.k.a. bass ;) ). Use the strings and choir to really pull this thing open, make it really wide. Put things more into contrast to each other.

6. sir jack spratsky

sir jack spratsky Producer

kick drum is too loud and destroys the impression of rhythmic space i feel.....particularly in the refrained sections....nice track well done

7. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Mixing wise, it's ok, may be a bit more reverb and less slap-back on her voice. (listening with DT880 pro).

This song would gain openness if the arrangement was more creative. I mean not all playing the same chord inversion at the same time.
    ie the bass could play something else than the roots.

Great voice !! I which I could work with a singer like her.. You are lucky. :wink:

8. Just to add that her wonderful voice is pushing that 3k a bit much and was edgy where as it could be tickling and smooth, the highs pleasing and leading. Let the microphone do the work instead of the eq. The mic you are using isn't taking eq very well. Maybe rent another mic that more fits the song and her voice.

9. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

Great song solid mix for me and the vocalist wonderful.

10. flush with your foot

flush with your foot Platinum Record

11. Santii7979

Santii7979 Ultrasonic

Thx guys. I mixed it about 6 month. Now i’m better haha. Thx for the advices and sorry for my english. I learned a lot here. I posted. If you dont like it i will start again but i think now its ok.

Thx for all!