What do you think about selling your songs on Fiverr?

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Wolfang, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

Has anybody ever sold songs on Fiverr? I was trying to open a business there and found the ownership of my products will be taken by buyers. Not sure if it is a good idea or not. I rather go with music library.
    What do you think about it?

3. Derek Thompson

Derek Thompson Newbie

Nope, but I could steal your songs from your Soundcloud and publish them there making money, with virtually no consequence. If you want to be on Fiverr, you should ask yourself:
    1) Am I indian?
    2) How good are my morals?

I'm not sure if you browse the forums, but someone once sold an entire top 10 charts album (Mumford and sons I think) pretending it was his own, and the buyer gave him 2 grand. Then the user deleted his account. Lots of potential on Fiverr.

Cheers
    Derek

4. indianwebking

indianwebking Platinum Record

what does that whole thing have to do with indians? I'm indian and i don't even use Fiverr. what you mean to imply here ? -_-

5. muffball

muffball Kapellmeister

I guess there's a bit of a run with scams with Indians (they could be be from anywhere and have subcontinent origin and still be labelled Indian) so they all get lumped in as a big generalisation. Like cold-call soliciting. Cos ALL Indians do that right?

There are obviously some countries with lower average income with laxer laws (or taxed enforcement) where you can get away with a bit more. Of course the stories could all be BS too.

As far as the OP goes - that's the idea of fiverr, you get paid to create royalty free music (or whatever service) as I understand it (I don't use it but I have looked). That's the default. There appears to be personal and commercial use differences but you still hand over all rights. You might be able to alter this but I doubt it. The site was not designed for that purpose. It's not a distribution network. It's a more focused cheapskate freelance option. Must work for some.

If you're looking to make money from original tracks it's getting back to the "old days' of doing the hard yards if it's performance art or being a technical professional for hire (though many are getting paid peanuts in some areas at the moment). Depends on what you're trying to flog.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
  6. Dave1987

Dave1987 Guest

Fiverr isn't bad, but it depends on what you are doing and it takes take and work. I know people who compose who get work on their charging thousands of dollars per project. One got a on a Netflix documentary series from his Fiverr page.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Wolfang

Wolfang Producer

1) Nope
    2) Decent. I haven't been in jail nor fined so far :D

It's an unbelievable story. I didn't realize Soundcloud is not good to upload the songs. Is it still possible even though I registered my songs to copyright and PRO?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2019