What do you like to put on your instrument bus?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Brendan, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Brendan

Brendan Kapellmeister

I think most of us know what to put on drum buses, saturation, multiple compressors, distortion to taste, transient shapers, tape saturation, EQ, a bit of sausage fattener (for that beef ;)

But when it comes to instruments, be that guitars, pads, leads, etc. What do you guys like to use? I always get wiped out from getting strong drums or working on a catchy lead/track arrangement, that by the time I get to the core, it's usually just copy/paste drum bus plugin chain and move it over so everything sounds glued.

Of course, every mix is different, but im interested on what order you guys like to mix your buses, be that drums, leads, pads, etc?