What do you guys think of this mix?

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Cixos, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Cixos

Cixos Noisemaker

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

Won't play for me in Firefox.

4. Cixos

Cixos Noisemaker

5. tafelrunde

tafelrunde Member

zippyshare

6. karlarsch

karlarsch Ultrasonic

Idiot!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  7. mile15

mile15 Producer

Cmon make some music and dont smoke weed !

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  8. Studio 555

Studio 555 Producer

For some, both can be done at the same time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:chilling::winker::hahaha:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. mile15

mile15 Producer

"For some, both can be done at the same time..." but for idiots dont (i know im idiot). :wink:

10. Cixos

Cixos Noisemaker

Soooooo......Nothing constructive i see...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Sounds unfinished to me, unless thats the sound you're going for. your melodies clash, like 2 different half songs. If youre using ezkeys you can fix the key before you export the midi.....If youre not, import the midi into it and fix the keys. If your using loops, well then.... start over and make sure they're in key

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  12. topoulos

topoulos Newbie

agree with subGenre 2 different songs...2 different keys.

13. Impressive

Impressive Guest

That avatar is awesome, my friend :rofl:

14. Tsargoth

Tsargoth Kapellmeister

Find a new hobby man. The woods are already full of wanna-be "producers" that don't have a clue about what they're doing.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  15. Anachronox

Anachronox Noisemaker

16. r4e

r4e Audiosexual

If you want to post audio in its highest quality, try https://instaud.io/
    Btw. The track sounds like composed using sample loops from a piano library, not like played on your own.
    But it still sounds kind of relaxing until the 2nd type of piano starts at 1:04. That one's tonality doesn't fit the rest of the track.

17. Impressive

Impressive Guest

I personally thought it was off beat & a low quality. I have heard much worse, though. I live next door to a 38 year old who wants to become a billionaire rap-star, & dresses in the "swaggy" style (ie: droopy pants, snap-back hat, fake bling, primate brain, & still listens to 2Chainz). I've heard one of his "mixtapes". It sounded like my ass stopped trying. So trust me, this is better. Lmao.
    But yeah, you got a long way to go but it's nothing out of your reach. After all, music requires commitment & without that commitment, you won't get anywhere. You're always gonna get criticism from guys like the prior commenters. That's part of life, my friend. The most successful people in the world got to where they are because they didn't let criticism stop them from doing what they love. No matter how good you get, someone somewhere is gonna throw your albums in the garbage or talk crap about your music. It's not always about skill, it's about anything, really. People will find something to complain about. Some use musical style. For example, if you choose to make anything with emotion to it, people will call you gay & say you have ovaries & accuse you of not getting laid enough. If you choose to go the aggressive route (metal, rap, screamo, punk, etc), people will accuse you of being a satanist & that you need a psychiatrist. You can't win over everyone so just do what makes YOU happy - fuck everybody else. Yes, your song is a bit empty & low quality but you're probably just starting out. We were all at your level at some point, & we got comments like the ones you're getting. Anyone who says otherwise is lying to not only others, but to themselves. And the biggest & most crippling lies you can ever tell in life are the ones you tell to yourself.
    Believe me, I'm a freelance music tutor & everyone I've held under my wing was right there precisely where you are at some point in their journey. I've seen with my own eyes that the only ones who ended up quitting are the same ones who always succumbed to criticism.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  18. Alpha0ne

Alpha0ne Producer

19. MrMister

MrMister Ultrasonic

you have many years of work to do...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Some people should learn what "constructive criticism" means... And one particular should get rid of "lol"-ing arrogance...

Although I like where you're heading to, the technical aspects are a bit behind. While the jazz is in there, the mix is lacking clarity. Basically, it needs to be glued more together so that it feels like a unity. That's why people will hear just a bunch of sample loops rather than a song. The deep bass is undefined and muddy. Dissonance, although can be an attractive part of a song, is used too much here.

21. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

I have heard a lot worse here on audiosex.Guy has potential,its not as bad as most people claim to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List