what do i need to start

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by musician, Jun 11, 2011.

1. musician

musician Newbie

hey guys how u doing ?
    its my first post here and i'm so happy that i found such forum
    to make long story short , i know i'm still noob at this staff yeah i know many infos, but i still feel i lack something and idk what it is
    i choosed logic pro coz i found many famous music producers use it , even in my country .. btw i'm from egypt
    i think he uses it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqn6ncf3x9w
    so i decided to start learning logic pro

i've an audio interface ,studio monitors and midi controller and a classical guitar

can i make a song like this one ?? here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkmouqQk-sQ

my main problem is that i dnt know the limits of the daw , can i make a song typically like the one above without using hardware units or outboard gear just by using logic pro and its plugins ? even in mixing and mastering ??

i think that was the stupidest question u have ever heard but .. yeah thats my problem :S
    plz watch the songs above just to make sure that u know what i am talking about

3. musician

musician Newbie

and like this one also
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JbRUHk8VY0

4. geiar

geiar Noisemaker

To make a song similar to the one of the video you need at least 1 microphone.
    Small diaphragm microphones (also called "pencil" mics) are usually preferred for recording acoustic and classical guitars where large diaphragm mics are normally used for recording vocals.

What microphone you buy depends largely on how much you can afford to spend but for vocals it is very important to match the mic sound to the voice of the singer. Often a cheap microphone can outperform expensive ones for a given voice, so try before you buy is a must.

I never used Logic but most DAW have good enough plugins to get you started. In here and in Audioz. blog you can collect infos and tips (and more "pro" plugins) as you progress and learn your way around.

5. SAiNT

SAiNT Creator Staff Member phonometrograph

there's no stupid questions... only stupid answers.

6. biohazardzero

biohazardzero Newbie

all i can tell you is that i love logic!!! you can do alot once you get used to it. being that its your first daw it might take sometime but look on you tube, they have some cool tutorials.