What daw to switch for when it comes to midi composing?

Discussion in 'DAW' started by peshti, Sep 30, 2018.

1. E.T.F

E.T.F Producer

how about using 2 screens in FL with your piano roll on one? also possible in ableton or other DAW....

2. peshti

peshti Member

I can't use 2 screens but that would be lovely. I don't have a real computer screen even, I use my TV as a screen. It was the only solution I could come up with since I don't have much room where I'm living at.

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I'd really like to hear the thoughts of advanced S1 MIDI users, like my admired @.: HAMIN :.

Without even testing seriously FL I know it has very nice MIDI features. Waveform (former Tracktion) also has.
    The problem for me is the workflow in both is quite different from the DAWs I use (reaper, S1).

Someone mentioned here (I think) Bitwig. I'll look into this one when I've time.

4. .: HAMIN :.

.: HAMIN :. Guest

Im sorry about delay , I was away from the forum for weeks , and thanks for mentioning me with kind words while I think I'm not deserved :

for the topic , I'm working with S1 for years , unfortunately I didn't find anything special with the editor (piano roll) but for the virtual instruments these features may help :
    1-"Input filter" from "Note FX" section to prevent unwanted articulation switch
    2-"Multi Instruments" : with that you can map and shift instruments piano rolls , you can filter the input range for controlling keyboard input and also u can combine and stack instruments together while assigning their input range , I remember I was using Multi Instruments for combining 3 Virtual guitars , one of them has good sound pm and the others were good for sustains , so I filtered the pm sections with velocity control and i kept the rest of instruments normal.

if your instruments are inside Kontakt , you can add multiple libraries with different input midi channels in single instruments and filter input articulations , for example you can add an string library and set the sustain articulation as channel 1 and load the same library and set on Brush articulation on channel 2. In some DAWs like Fl Studio and Reaper you can write different midi note channels in one midi event while you cant do that with S1.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List