what components go into recreating this bass + other element

Discussion in 'how to make "that" sound' started by Quiksilver152, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Quiksilver152

Quiksilver152 Newbie

What elements go into recreating this section of this song starting at 4:11? I'm having the most difficulty figuring out how to recreate the bass and this layer over the whole section. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

3. DJDOCKS

DJDOCKS Ultrasonic

Sounds like a distorted saw wave, with filter...
    The best way to get this "kinda" sound (I can't guarantee you a 100% u will get the same sound is):
    Choose your fav plugin, ex: serum (mine), sylenth1, u-he hive, or whatever plugin... And scroll through the bass presets or get them for audioz... click here to go the exact forum and scroll through till you find like electro presets etc... Find a good one and download it (I suggest cymatics collections of presets for Serum) but scroll through the downloaded presets in ur plugin and you SHOULD be able to find a bass like this...
    If not the same, a one that is close... Now send track to the mixer and add a filter plugin (like I use FlStudio12) so I would add fruity filter or use this plugin and mess with the knobs (I reallly like this plugin <- )
    Hope this helps u a little bit... But I could be of more help if u stated which plugin you use so I could try to find/make a preset and upload it for you :)

4. DJDOCKS

DJDOCKS Ultrasonic

Also Definitely sounds like the bass is sidechained to the kick, with the threshold set pretty low... If u dont know what sidechaining is I suggest you watch this tutorial on youtube and learn it ::::)

5. DJDOCKS

DJDOCKS Ultrasonic

or download this if you use live (from audioz) ::::::::)