What codec bundle/media player do you use for audio/video playback?

Discussion in 'Software' started by aymat, Jul 13, 2016.

1. aymat

aymat Audiosexual

My preferred video player is Windows Media Player and recently I've been looking to find the best codec bundle to use with it. I've used K-Lite for years and recently started using Shark007. I honestly don't see any difference in stability between the two even if that's one of the main differentiators users talk about. I've also read others talk about CCCP but I dont have any experience with it.

So what are you guys using these days? Are most of you using a media player with codecs or something all in one like VLC?

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
  3. phenomboy

phenomboy Producer

VLC media plyer, does everything for me

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Shatterling

Shatterling Member

I've never had a need to get very deep into it, but I will say that VLC is fantastic. I've tried out a lot of similar software, and I always come back to VLC because it's stable, easy to use, and, unlike many other media players, the developers haven't added any unnecessary features in an attempt to market their product as something unique. It just does what I need it to do with no nonsense.

5. peterA

peterA Platinum Record

I use Windows media player as the default player and VLC for anything that Windows won't play like those horrible mkv files.

6. Plendix

Plendix Platinum Record

Media Player Classic HC, it synchronizes video to vsync and audio to video. So no Tearing, no stuttering.

7. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

VLC here. It can play back broken media files. No other player can do that that I know of.