What can I improve in this melodic techno track ?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by DPA, Sep 7, 2021.

1. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

I am almost 2 years now into this hobby and would like to know how to improve things.

3. trz303

trz303 Producer

Hihats, shakers, tambourine, cymbals ? I think there are some missing things in the upper frequency range, something like a groovy shuffled 808 hihats ...
    And BTW some instruments seems going to high in volume at various points ... compress, limit, or use sidechain from kick to give some pump ...
    Nice track BTW, but "dansable" section are too short.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Hello @DPA, well that's a positive surprise. I like it very much. Exciting and new elements built in. For mixing and mastering: there is a lot to do. What I noticed is that the bass with delay is partly out of the stereo field about half a meter in front of the left box. From 2:07 onwards, the low frequencies are not clearly separated - sounds a bit muddy and overloaded.

5. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

the intro is to cheesy for me. It needs Sound FX, transitions for me - filter sweeps for the main melody.

Still you have some good buildup in there. Interesting motif changes - i like that.

6. DPA

DPA Ultrasonic

Thanks, think I should spend more time now trying to learn to mix properly things. I think it is muddy because brass and bass are hitting at the same time, I've heard it in other songs and it sounds well separated but I can't implement it in mine well

7. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

You should assign each instrument its own place.
    In other words, every instrument should clearly stand out and differentiate itself.

Brass & Bass

This prevents instruments from fighting each other

- Reduce the level of one of the instruments concerned
    - Change the frequency range of one of the instruments concerned so that it covers a different part of the frequency spectrum
    - Place the instrument at a different place in the panorama
    - Take turns muting the instruments concerned so that they never

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021