what are your thoughts on maat digital plugins ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Plainview, Apr 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DoubleTake

DoubleTake Audiosexual

jamesk_freebase_500_00956.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  2. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Neither. Cocaine.

Sinus Well has a right to ask you to explain your negative rating, which you haven't. As per the site rules. Which I'm sure you've read.
    Otherwise, constantly illegitimately negging someone is seen as stalking, and leads to points, which leads to banning.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. I presently cannot afford these plugins, so they are overpriced rubbish. However, I will soon have enough money to buy them and I will sneer at you paupers with contempt, knowing my tracks sound superior to yours.
    (Who said it comes with free cocaine? That might explain why they sound better)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Smoove Grooves

Oy veh! You don't need these cpu drainers, your tracks sound great! Save your sheckles already.
    Same. Can't afford. So I think they are shit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

The guy who puts them out (Friedemann Tischmeyer) is a german mastering engineer so most of his tools are made for that purpose. I think he did some of the first videos I saw explaining the EBU R128, so I believe he is a professional who knows a lot about audio.

As far as his plugins go, I don't care much about them, because they are way too expensive and are nothing special. And I think the high price point is the only reason the scene gravitates to them. Because people think if something is expensive it must be great and also: people jerk off to having cracks for plugins which are super expensive.

The orange EQ needs a hardware dongle and his Dynamic Range Meter looks like a straight rip-off of the original TT Dynamics Range Meter with additional measuring algos added. The only interesting plugin he has is called mtg (mind the gap) and it is not even for mastering but for vocal post production. It extrapolates the room ambience of a vocal recording and automatically adds it to silent spots of a vocal track to make it sound more coherent.

But more importantly: the way he carries himself in his videos and interviews, he comes across as a very stiff and analytical unfunky german office guy who likes to vote for the conservative party. Someone I would not like to give money to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Smoove Grooves

Hey @5teezo
    I listened to your 80s track before the thread was edited. Nicely done, man.
    Nice eq'ing, nice mix. Smooth.

7. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

3% Cpu with oversampling not worth it? level of intelligence is overwhelming here

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Thanks. I did this about 4 years ago. I was thinking about doing the mixes over since I don't like them so much these days. Then I realized that I don't use most of the plugins anymore so most of the project have missing plugins. Made me realize that for the nex project I definitely have to bounce all tracks to audio to conserve them.

9. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

deleted

10. decksound

decksound Ultrasonic

Algorithmix’s original 32bit Linear Phase PEQ Orange is not legendary. Maat EQ is not a precise redo in 64 bit. Reason is not a toy. Ah! Kids these days sound really stupid.

11. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

No, no, that explains the price tag. :yes:

I wouldn't call it rip-off because TT=Tischmeyer Technology so, it's his meter.

I find the DROffline Meter pretty useful.

Agreed, his way keeps me from watching his vids from beginning to end.

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Oh, ok, I didn't know that he was behind the TT brand.

13. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

You need to explain your disagreement...you have yet to criticize his posting with your own last post because you have not used the magical word "because". You can begin your critical rebuttal with, "I disagree with your post because...". In this instance you must prove that you you obviously have nothing against him because without that explanation the default is that you do. Actions speak louder than words, words speak louder than disagree emojis (or whatever they are called), Analysis is key to expressing fault in any critical obbservation.

Go for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

Brainworx bx meter is about the same DrMeter, maybe based on the old legacy version

15. Sinus Well

Sinus Well Audiosexual

Maybe Maat has optimized the CPU usage a bit. IDK. I was just testing the v2.0.0

16. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

And here is the explanation why those buttons do not make any sense if you have to explain them:
    You have to write a comment about your opinion anyways. :hahaha:

17. OraMorph

OraMorph Ultrasonic

They kick ass, not every plugin has to be groundbreaking

18. Lois Lane

Lois Lane Audiosexual

You really don't understand what "funny" means, or "like" or "interesting"...or even "winner means"? No, I felt a need to explain the active definition of criticism.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
  19. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

C'mon, you know that this only applies to the two negative and the 'disagree' rating. :winker:

20. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Yeah. But you know from the experience with me that a "funny" rating can also be not positive as it is stated in the rules. The same goes with the agreement of someone calling another one an asshole. This system is to be honest pretty vague and not thought out well at all as a lot of us have seen often enough.

The same goes with this rule.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List