what are your favorite video courses from sister site?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by chestbox, Jan 16, 2022.

1. chestbox

chestbox Noisemaker

basically the title. what did you find the most helpful thinking back?
    i'm open to courses about production, recording, mixing, piano, songwriting, whatever really

for me, the only one that comes to mind is charlie puth's monthly (sounds funny this way lol). loved seeing the song writing process + it gave me a lot of confidence to just record. before seeing his course i was way too stiff about recording, everything had to set up perfectly, although i was basing it on what i read online, but the process was awful so i never did it as much. as dumb as it sounds, i really had to see him record in such a relaxed context, and still make great music at the time, to feel comfortable doing the same

3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

The Thrillseekers - The Making of Hydra - so much fun to watch Steve coming up with something. (trance)

The Trance Experience from like 2004 - its a PDF course with sessions in Cubase, Sonar, Nuendo and Pro Tools. The work with Waves plugins is explained and also great remarks about how to construct a trance track in the 00s style. (Trance)

The course with Timbaland: MasterClass.Timbaland.Teaches.Producing.and.Beatmaking.TUTORiAL-SYNTHiC4TE (Pop)
    Watching him singing, humming and whatever - is just so much fun. very inspiring.

Watching Fox Stevenson on twitch was also a pleasure, when he did some stuff in Logic. (DNB)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Haliax

Haliax Guest

I have seen Production Music Live courses from time to time, if you get the chance to grab some then do so because I think they are the most technical and in-depth courses if you like electronic music.