what are you fave preset packs for Diva?

Discussion in 'Software' started by james hill, Sep 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. james hill

james hill Newbie

Lets hear them thoughts on your all time faves and why?
    Any style/genre/sounds

3. Wurlie Rocker

Wurlie Rocker Producer

I've heard "Performer" set is "something else entirely", but haven't tried it myself.

4. Sonny Crockett

Sonny Crockett Kapellmeister

Probably any Unifinished pack for Diva is my favourite.

5. atreehaseyes

atreehaseyes Kapellmeister

Everything Luftrum has done (Luftrum 9, 11, and Synthwave), everything The Unfinished has done (Ex Machina, Praxis, Skyline Volumes 1 and 2, Humankind, and collaborated with Luftrum on Synthwave), and everything Aiyn Zahev Sounds has done (Transitions Volumes 1, 2, and 3).

Luftrum and The Unfinished are along the lines of cinematic or ambient genres, whereas Aiyn Zahev's Transitions leans more toward trance and "EDM" sounds. The links lead to their respective websites.

"Performer" is by Howard Scarr (resident sound designer and manual author (and grump)) at u-he, and is for the most part a collection of sounds from the past 40 years of synthesizers (as they say on the product page). Howard is great about using each CC control available to him in an effort to give each preset as much expression as possible.

The "something else entirely" that I believe Wurlie Rocker refers to is actually "Deform" by Kyhon, a sound designer based in Tel Aviv, and has two sections totaling 181 "Experimental FX," as well as slightly more traditional sections (though those have some far out sounds in them as well).

You can find both "Performer" and "Deform" on u-he's website.

6. scott

scott Kapellmeister

7. james hill

james hill Newbie

Thanks all, these sound incredible, I just don't have the time to do any sound design although I would love to, I have to focus all my schedule on recording and arranging in DAW fast and just getting stuff out unfortunately. These packs will help me out big time! Thanks for sharing your faves!