What are the best Headphones for Mixing in - Dance Music

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Pure Energy, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I have the sony MDR 7506 I reaally like them but when I mix and play back outside the mids are so low like the String sections etc. I know some of you are going top say Im going deaf LOL cause thats how you are Im not going deaf my mom had me tested
    Sheldon

3. Rockseller

Rockseller Platinum Record

saw this review yesterday...

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    @Pure Energy There is no susch a thing as a best headphone nor a best headphone for dance music. Moreover, since you are asking a totally subjective question, and accordingly, the answers can't be objective. Any of the professional grade open back headphones, and some closed back like the Focal Spirit Pro will do the job. The choice, however, depends on you, and your budget which you failed to mention. My advice is to try as many as you can, and to read reviews that tell you about the build quality. Doing both will help you make an informed decision. BTW, there are lots of threads here in which we have discussed headphones. Indeed, the exact same topic of this thread has been explored already.

https://audiosex.pro/threads/best-headphones-for-mixing-mastering-edm.2382/
    https://audiosex.pro/threads/help-m...sed-back-headphones-for-edm-production.52494/

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  5. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

akg k 271 mkII

6. Pure Energy

Pure Energy Producer

I bought the 990 behrhgers they are great for mixing thy sound like my Yamaha speakers very pleased

7. Tomassio

Tomassio Newbie

beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 Ohms for $120 ish

you will need a high end audio interface, or a dedicated headphone amp to power them.
    Generally the more Impedance/Ohms the more resolution your low end will have