What are the best DAW controllable hardware synths out there?

Discussion in 'Synthesizers' started by Bunford, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Just wondering what are the best hardware synths out there that can have their parameters controlled from a DAW? Everyone knows about the Virus Ti, and there are some others like the Moog Minitaur, but I’m just scoping what are the best ones out there, especially in the affordable price range?

3. Bunford

Bunford Audiosexual

Anyone?

4. statik

statik Audiosexual

basically every single synth that has midi, with or without a controller plugin, you can always send cc to them and write your own controller (like in FL which has the midi plugin where you can create your own controller quite easily). most of the synths that are regarded as the best dont really have official controller plugins, some have 3rd party controllers. i suggest you just look up synth on instrument websites and and pick one that offers what you want from a synth and then search for a plugin that's made for it.

5. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

6. statik

statik Audiosexual

that's actually the other way round, the 2.5 update of omnisphere makes it possible to use a wide range of hardware synths as controllers for omnisphere, OP wants a hardware synth that is controllable with a software editor vst

7. EddieXx

EddieXx Audiosexual

oh, i see

8. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Affordable price range: Waldorf blofeld and Novation MiniNova. There are even VST editors available to make DAW control easier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. massichat

massichat Kapellmeister

NKS + KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard

10. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I have a Nord lead 3 and a Triton extreme (which are now stored away) that I hardly use at all. In terms of synths most soft synths are amazing now and can do alot more than what hardware synths can do. In terms of midi controllers I use an old m-audio axiom and a evolution UC33E which is a beast when setup to you liking.
    [​IMG]

11. notsoloud

notsoloud Guest

There's Arturia Keylab. I have it but rarely use it. Good integration. But like many of these "all-in-one" solutions, by the time you've got it set up, you've forgotten what you were doing. My Moog Sub 37 has a nice in depth USB software editor, but it's yet another case of why use software when you can turn a knob. My Virus TI2 is more useful as a piece of hardware. I used to think that "total integration" was the future of hardware/software for music making. I don't think it's ever going to work. I think IK Multimedia does a software version that integrates with their Uno. But I'm not into that. I hate the idea of lots of Lego like Korg Volcas and boutique mini synths with knobs the size of my mother's knitting needles. I need synths that compensate for my declining masculinity like my Matrixbrute.