What are the best analog-ish sounding and warm analog synths and effects?

Discussion in 'Samplers, Synthesizers' started by Batteruno, May 29, 2020.

1. xbitz

xbitz Rock Star

and the winner is

but no spoiler

2. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

Yep and you can sell me the real thing np :)

3. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Agreed! Avoid it when used to sell something!
    Yet the word colour, that all big producers still use in MTM, YT vids etc, expresses exactly what it means in context, and is a thing. Regardless of how one subjectively hears that colour, it is now a tern that most know what it means.
    Most often used in context with what a compressor that isn't totally transparent can do.
    Yeah man! Bennie Maupin! Love all that Headhunters stuff.
    Yeah, it does work, but it was a tricky one to install I remember.
    Persevere with it.

4. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

The problem with soft synths seems to be A) they are too bright and harsh, and not "warm" the way analog would be, and also B) they are not bright and they don't "cut through" the way analog would. Also both these conditions seem to be problems related to being "rich" and "fat", which are possibly the same thing but also possibly opposite things, and all of this occurs at the same time.

5. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

You're obviously either using the wrong presets or an inappropriate soft synth or both.

6. WizzDome71

WizzDome71 Producer

that's what i was going to say. i like the juno106 and sh101 too even the tb303. they are pretty close to the "real" ones (obviously they are not as good). try u-he repro 5 it sounds warm but i never really tried it in context. oh and i like the reaktor Monark very much. this one "cuts through", no doubt

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  7. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Use amp emulations in the beginning of your plugin chain on synth channel. I like Black Rooster V-Pre 73 , nice saturation and lush hi freq content added or muffled in a few seconds! Fuse Audio Preamps nice too, or Audiority Pre X 7. ( i’m open to be teached on cool alternatives!)
    Kazrog True Iron can add some subtle depht /detail too.
    Ik Multimedia Tapes , add very good emulated tape quality to stuff. Its cpu hungry, so better print it before mixing. Love the Studer A 80.
    Add automation, like nice little decay & cutoff progressions.
    Dont fully quantize notes, try to play stuff live or „correct“ it in the grid, for un-robotic live imperfect feel! Big one for me.
    Valhalla delay got its own life sometimes, adds unexpected effects! Cool as a saturation also!

8. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

I make loads of acid techno and the Roland Cloud 303 gives by far the best results of any software version IMO.

9. Batteruno

Batteruno Member

Cool, thank you Retrolize77!
    That's obviously this kind of details that make a huge difference at the end! I'll let you know if i find some good alternatives to yours!

10. rudolph

rudolph Audiosexual

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. ButchyBear

ButchyBear Newbie

Titan and Titan II by Best Service as well as some of the UVI/MOTU Mach5-3 synths.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List