What are some essential libraries for Kontakt for Electronic Music

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by signalflow, Apr 13, 2017.

1. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I have a shit ton of libraries and I need to start thinning the herd as I have some libraries I don't even touch but are there some must have libraries that are essential for electronic music production?

3. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Why not start testing what U already have?

4. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Yeah I will but want to know what others opinions are. That's why I made the thread.

5. phloopy

phloopy Audiosexual

Hmm... ok!

Im not really into electronic music at all, but find out what you already have is a good start. Hope you´ll get some expert help here :wink:

6. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I'm not in electronic music either but I would think about Samplelogic libraries for no particular reason...

7. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Yeah sample logic has some good inspirational sounds. I pretty much have all thier libabries.

8. flyingsleeves

flyingsleeves Platinum Record

"Essential" and "Must Have" are marketing terms. They have little use in everyday application. People have made great music with low quality tools. And people have made horrible music with the best.

If you truly want to thin the herd then pay attention to which libraries you are using consistently in most of your projects. Then get rid of everything else. That's the simplest solution.

Electronic music production is too broad a subject. If you want better responses then you should narrow the field.

9. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

I'm sorry if you thought I was using those words in any other reason besides others opinions on libraries but I do agree on using what I have but will be thinning my collection soon by a lot.

What I want to know is what libararies have others used that thought were good for production in electronic music. I'm not sure how much more clear I can get with this statement.