What´s your Favorit Low Level Modular Synth and High Level Modular Synth

Discussion in 'Software' started by Polomo, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Polomo

Polomo Guest

I love Modular Synth
    They so much more than "simple " 2-8 Oscillator Synths

For me, my favorite high level synth is Voltage, thanks to the VST hosting it's the most powerful synth I ever saw (crazy possibility like using Serum as one oscillator and Omnisphere as second but modulate both with the same LFO or Step sequencer ... or hosting Reaktor )

But If VCV for DAW will come it maybe kick Voltage from its throne.

On the Level of Low Level Modular Synths I only know Reaktor and AudioMulch as long it's VST compatibility.
    And AudioMulch is only 32 Bit and last update is eons ago.
    Usine hollyhock and Max are very interesting Stuff but both got the same problem It's not VST (and Yes I'm a lazy guy don't like crazy routing, external software and similar stuff and I tried Ableton Live but never got the connection to it so Max is sadly out of this race for me.

So thanks to limited alternatives Reaktor is my Low Level Modular Synths Fav.

Honorable mentions
    Zebra2 and MFactory (both are Semi modular thanks to the Grid, I love both, but a bit less than the stuff above, just because of a bit less freedom in therms of modulations (Zebra, Dark Zebra ) 12/24 Slots )

But What’s your favorite Low Synth and High Level Modular Synth

And are there any I don't know which are good ?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2020
  3. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I am more of a hardware modular synth lover but my favorite software one is Softube Modular. Very good emulations of Mutable Instuments, Doepfer, and Buchla,among others. One thing I have noticed with some of the best sounding soft modulars is that they are CPU hungry. In this respect, Softube's is one of the worst I have used.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

Complex 1 in Reason is one of my faves.

5. tsunk78

tsunk78 Newbie

Bitwig's Grid rocks. Instant polyphony, stereo cables, DAW integration, MPE support, Voice stacking and so on. So many things that i missed in other modulars. VCV Rack is quite nice tho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. virusg

virusg Rock Star

VCV will be the ultimate, so many modules all free, you just need to buy the vst license and you have an arsenal to play with...

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  7. Roject

Roject Audiosexual

I love VAZ Modular. Arturia Modular V3 is nice too :wink:

8. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Totally understand that

Only "problem" about this some modules are pricey as hell.

https://schneidersladen.de/de/cwejman-sm-1
    2.020,00 € *

I think the feeling of it is great. It's faster than mapping all the stuff.
    You'll got the knobs you'll need directly.

Maybe someday if I win in a Lottery :winker:

9. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I don't want to get off topic here but $2,000-$3000 for a hardware modular system is just a cheap starter kit. One of my clients has almost $60000 invested in he is not even done with it. Once you get into it, the sky is the limit. It becomes a very expensive addiction. That is why I have tried to stay away from them. I have a couple of modules but , that is all. Just look at prices of Buchla modules https://buchla.com/modules/ A good site to find hardware modules and their prices is Modular Grid

10. kitvonk

kitvonk Guest

btw arturia 7 is like $250 off right now - the whole thing - $249 instead of $499