Western Culture

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by art.movement.style, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

2. So, the answer was...

...ah...still another shifting position.

Maybe I'll write
    A song about ogres
    And those of their ilk
    Who live under bridges, with a topic that mirrors
    The concerns of the day

3. There are some ideas pop songs won't carry effectively. They'll always sound pompous or overreaching. My suggestion is stay away from writing about big issues.:hillbilly:

Oh wait, you're not an aficionado of pop but a weighty songwriter.:shalom:

4. If you would or could say, "I feel that that pop songs haven't carried effectively the issue of ________. For example, the song _____ by ________ was pompous and overreaching because ____________ ________ ___________ _________."

Without qualifying your thoughts, or cherry picking someone else's instead of your own, or just asking inane question after question in the guise of the search for some overriding law of the universe while deflecting and misdirecting agreed on truths...you are inflicting hurt on and by yourself through your actions. It is quite masochistic in my eyes and hurts me to watch you flay yourself in public like this. You bait the members into abuse by refusing any logical arguments, seemingly full well knowing that to do so in public discourse is to beg arrows from those that you are toying with. You had been asked to leave and now have in my eyes returned none the wiser from your exile. I am not blaming the victim but rather am painting a caricature of your previous avatar as well as your current incarnation. Please reflect on these words.

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

Did you ever get the feeling, despite your best wishes and concerns, that he is getting exactly the responses he wishes?
    I think this is where many people miss the boat in interpreting these threads. The only thing that really matters, is the
    free rent in your head. Remember Nero? He liked music also.. so much so.. he joyfully fiddled as Rome burned..
    hope this provides a little additional insight...

If you like it.. then by all means enjoy it, or maybe just enjoy banging your head against a narcisistic wall

p.s. the latest incarnation is now on my ignore list.. yet again...

6. Great tendency to be ignorant ...:facepalm:

7. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

And lets not forget this immensely popular music extolling the virtues of pointless arguments about pointless issues...

A deep and meaningful intellectual message delivered successfully... Through popular music...

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

priceless.. the best part was 1:35, could've stopped there.. but since you took the time to share @Kinghtsurfer
    I watched the whole thing.. :winker: