Welcome To The New Industrial Production Section

Discussion in 'Industrial' started by Catalyst, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

[​IMG]

Calling all Rivetheads! It's Catalyst here at the AudioSex lab where I've concocted your new base of operations for Industrial music production. My intention is to make AudioSex a valuable one of a kind resource on the web for Genre Specific Production and that's why I've rolled out this new section which is currently home to DJ, Electronic, Film/ Video Game Scoring, Industrial and Rap and we'll add more in the future if these sections take off. Previously we were scrunched into the Working With Sound area and you needed more space for your caustic carnage, after all we wouldn't want any hazardous waste contaminating the rest of the forums. Anyone interested in producing Industrial music knows all too well that information in this genre is hard to come by and when you do find something it becomes a research project involving a compilation of knowledge from a million different sites. In the future you can come here to get tips on everything from composition, arrangement, sampling and synthesis to drum programming, creation and composition of those distorted bass lines, dissonant leads, gritty pads and using noise as an art-form for this genre and all it's offshoots. So if you're new to the game or if you're in the know and would like to share some techniques you've picked up then come on down. It's one of the many things you know and love about AudioSex being taken to the next level. Evolution: it's only natural, often painful, always visceral. :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDHzLC_XSSc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae6R9H8Q2ts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUbS_UCLjkY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpPw8Miy7JI
    [​IMG]

3. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Alright! Sadly, Industrial gets almost no recognition these days...

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Yeah that used to really upset me but then I came to a realization that most people just live in a box and wouldn't know good music if it hit them in the face. Fine with me, I kind of like it that way because if everyone would be listening to it then I'm sure it would suck like pretty much everything else. *yes*

5. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

Industrial did have alot of popularity in the UK back in the 90's with 'The Prodigy' and the like *yes*

I personally feel every genre had a moment of popularity back in it's days. That is why it existed and came about. Even fucking Gabber had it's moment of popularity with tracks like Ultrasonic - 'Annhilating Rhythm' and shit like that. Gawd that genre is horrible :rofl:

Nevertheless I wanna try working on an industrial track for you all soon. 100% cyberpunk style, it's going to be great :D

6. vladcarlos

vladcarlos Member

Industrial is something special ...!! :beg:
    in the cyber goth scene very popular .... and slowly even at the Old Goths!
    I love that!!
    Gothic, goth rock, post-punk, indie, Ebm, Industrial, Gothic Metal, Black Metal ......, I love it!
    Hard and heavy. It must be!
    Let the darkness take your soul!
    :headbang:

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Spoken like a true fan. :headbang:

Welcome vladmagus. :mates:

8. luizcifer

luizcifer Ultrasonic

:beg:

great one Cat looks i`ve found a few mates in here now

:wink:

going all the way with E.B.M ,harsh, and of course with my old heros Skinny Puppy

cheers :mates:

Luiz

9. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Welcome to the underbelly my friend. Good to have more people involved because I want to build this section into a one of a kind resource for Industrial production. So few of them around these days and let's be real...there's simply no substitute for Industrial. I have some material I will put up when I get a chance and I see some other members have begun pitching in as well. Stay tuned. [​IMG]

10. Parasite-B

Parasite-B Kapellmeister

Hey all! I'm pretty new to being a member on this site, but looked through the threads/topics/conversations many times. It's nice to see a thread dedicated to industrial. Sadly, at least to me, mainly due to where I live, it's a dying genre, by that I mean I don't think it gets the recognition it deserves.

I'm basically hear to talk to like-minded people, find new bands I've not heard before, hopefully share some that other people haven't heard. Also looking for possible collabs in the future with other artists. But right now, I just wanted to introduce myself into this community. Sorry if this si the wrong place to post, by the way. I did look, but could not see an alternative... Anyway! My name's Darren, I'd love to get to know other people in this side of the community, hear their projects/music, and hopefully share mine!