Welcome To The Future...Today!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by superliquidsunshine, Aug 3, 2016.

1. sacredl

sacredl Member

As far as the A/B comparisons go, from what's been on youtube, it sounds really convincing. Each one of them for a half of price of one top class mic. Like here

Still gotta wait for new mic models and a bundle and it still doesn't emulate dynamic mics, but it may be neat for people, who don't have tons of cash for vintage condensers.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

You ask that NOW!! but you know glass that Opera Singers shatter when they sing? Well my voice is that bad, my next door neighbour would probably shatter some just by throwing something through it owing to sheer exasperation.

I'm happy for you to come and watch that though because he's a total jerk. His wife even left him last week, however, I digress.

3. ovalf

ovalf Platinum Record

Slate seams more spacey and soft, while Sony more raw and closed... just cant put the same fx chain... oranges and apples.
    But I liked more Slate. Will I buy Slate or Seaboard Arise 49?

4. blaqmatic

blaqmatic Platinum Record

Well, ok...Where shall I begin? I have seen some really ill advised crazy statements on Gearslutz but never as assinine as I have heard you fools post here about Slate. I ask, why so much hate? I guess the ones here that have made so many comments on Slate's VMS system just must have some really deep personal issues! Or maybe they're just Jealous! Had I just listened to you fools here I would have thought he was the Plague! Lmao!

However, I guess having the instinct to not listen to fools that comment on things they no nothing of or haven't even experienced is a gift of mine.

In my travels in audioland I have been blessed to work on great consoles, gear, mic's etc... As I can't afford anytime soon to even think of purchasing the mic's that Slate VMS is modeling I found the thought of just having something that even closely resembles those incredible
    mics a beautiful situation. Especially at a price point that would be in my range. Most Producers and engineers long for that sound. However I realize that all to me have failed at that attempt in the past. I've been doing this audio thing since 1980.... Got serious about Music and Gear
    when I was 15.

Now, a few days ago I received the VMS. After a few days of doing everything I think I could do to it and every which way audio has to offer
    I am truly amazed and in awe! This system is not only the real thing, but I no longer wish to have those mics(Unless I hit the Lottery, lol) because I have exactly what I have lusted for in the past. Simply amazing!

Now for all you naysayer's I say shut yer' pie hole! Save your money up and find out what I already know or stop talking trash about something you no nothing of. I normally don't post here, but I couldn't contain myself in all righteousness even if it's just for those few here that would love to own a system and need actual hands on info from a Professional Audio Pro. Whether you believe me or not.

Have a nice life!:wink:

P.S. I will not address those that feel offended by the knowledge that I HAVE JUST SHARED:bleh:. Now ha ha that! :rofl: