Welcome To The Future...Today!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by superliquidsunshine, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Edit and Update: After watching the youtube video and downloading the 24bit files and comparing the real deals with the Slate system, I heard the virtual mic/pre combos to be slightly veiled compared to the immaculate and amazingly amazing original combos, but the emulations are really great and probably most people will not hear any difference. If you can, download the 24bit files, compare, and then let us know what you think? Here is the video link. In the description you can find the link to the files.

http://www.slatedigital.com/products/welcome-to-the-future-of-microphones/

Versus

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...e-3d-mic-modelling-we-got-one-and-its-amazing

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. m9cao

m9cao Producer

future?:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Virtual future... :)

5. The virtual virtual future where one can re-amp a take of a virtuoso virtual singer with a virtual microphone and virtually nobody can tell the difference. One can virtuously argue that we live in a virtual world, holding the moral high ground until one realizes that what they thought was ground beneath their feet is nothing but a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world, a construct of th is virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtu al world a construct of this virtual world a constru ct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual w orld a constru ct of this virtual worltygrcytviun
    d a construc t of this virtual world nvgftuvugv a construct of this virtual world a construct of this v irtuafetfyvtgt6ul world a construct of thi s virtual world a co
    nstruct o f this virtual wor ld, a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual woteeddrld a vbhvcdconstruct of th rrggguis virtual wo rld a construct of this virtual world a con vvv struct of n this virtual world a con struct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual w nhghgo bddorld, a construct of this virt
    ual world, a construvfugvu ct of this v irtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtu al v v world a construct of this virtual world a construct of tb his virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of t jhgfdddhis virtual world a construct of this virtual world, a constr uct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a co nstru ct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a const ruct of t his virtual worl d, a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of th is virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world, a construct of this virtual world, a con struct of this virtual world a cons truct of this virtual w orld a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a construct of this virtual world a consv

But love will conquer the day

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Calm down, mate!

7. virusg

virusg Rock Star

even slate is virtually emulated :rofl::rofl:...his voice will be on next Soundiron Kontakt release... all recorded with his virtual 3d mic :rofl:can you imagine the sound? ? ?:rofl:...joking here :bleh:

8. filtersweep

filtersweep Platinum Record

the future was yesterday mate..

9. Willum

Willum Rock Star

The futures tomorrow and as we all know, tomorrow never comes.

I've given up worrying about or waiting for the future.

I figure i have enough stuff to do today to keep me busy and happy for a long time to come.

10. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

it's probably going to be pricey... so the future can wait a while ! :bleh:

11. The intro price is something like $1200 going up to maybe...wait..got it.

Pricing for the Townsend Labs Sphere L22 microphone modeling system:
    • Suggested Retail Price: $1799 plus tax/vat
    • Expected Advertised Price: $1499 plus tax/vat
    • Indiegogo Exclusive Pricing: $1199 plus tax/vat
    What’s included In the Sphere L22 Microphone Modeling System
    • Sphere L22 Microphone – high precision, dual-capsule, large-diaphragm condenser studio microphone, which can be used with or without modeling
    • Sphere Plug-in – supports UAD, VST, AU, AAX Native
    • Bundled Accessories
    • 10 Foot (3 Meter) Breakout Cable
    • Shock Mount
    • Hard Mount
    • Hard Carrying Case
    • Plush Dust Cover

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

Black friday is just around the corner :bleh:

13. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

yeah... no.

14. OK, I'm quite chilled now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  16. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Call me stupid, but what's the point? I mean, they (at least claim) they were able to produce a microphone that's free of all the little bugs and issues (for example regarding frequency range, overtones, eigen frequency, noise, etc.) to record your voice as accurate as even possible...just to add all of this later on, because the real, unaltered voice sounds just crappy and needs all the little quirks from previous microphones.

Marketing, nothing else than marketing.

17. Yes, it is a grandios marketing scheme playing on the popular current paradigm that would blur the line between reality and virtuality, also tapping into the new entitlement trap where everybody feels that they deserve...well, everything...and that our needs can be fulfilled in flesh by that which is made manifest by artful use of the binary system, which in and unto itself is more a transparent ghost than solid, in my hand real. I as well as a billion people or more have come to depend on the voodoo ghost of the internet and all the software that flows through it's wire veins and fibre optic nervous system . However a great part of me shivers in fear that this incredible sprawling beast, this new and "improved" backbone of civilization can crumble with just three little words, "Shut it down". And as the lowly minion, his finger on a keyboard key turns his head with a look of both fear and disbelief in his eye, meets the steely gaze of Power, any at all self will he had to disobey is instantly broken. And with the breath of a whisper, barely heard above the ambient noise of the room, the boss calmly adds, "Now".

The Slate microphone through the supplied preamp does sound pretty good by itself, though. Nothing exciting, flat but articulate.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  18. Montgent

Montgent Kapellmeister

You know, IK Multimedia's Mic Room is really pretty good already. I don't know why everybody else is jumping on the bandwagon and charging an arm and a leg for it.

19. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

It wouldn't matter WHAT mic I used, my voice would still cause cats to run off crying.

20. Can I be there when you sing so I can get some good cat crying samples?

21. lpu2n

lpu2n Producer

Slate has finally done it! We virtually emulated Fabrice Gabriel's brain chemistry, so that he can whip up whatever algorithms you instruct him to on the fly. Imagine, you want a plugin that emulates audio being run through your toaster's heating element? Just instruct virtual Fabio and you'll get it - with all the 'warmth' and 'sizzle' of the real thing. Introducing Slate® FG-FG, the plugin that birthed all plugins and ate their placentas, too. It is nothing short of revolutionary. Using our proprietary Deep Neural Modelling™ technology, Gabriel's years of expertise in the field of DSP have been condensed into their purest form in this AAX/AU/VST/VST3 plugin. Available on subscription only, $500/month to cover the costs of keeping him in an ICU after we inadvertently hooked him up to a line level connection and toasted his brain.