Weird Signal coming through my Audio interface input.

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by MrLyannMusic, Mar 21, 2016.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hey People, hope everyone is well,

today i come with a question for everybody, i have an M-Audio - MobilePre MKii, i've been working with this one for few years now, never did let me down, quality is good, and i have recorded some very good sounding, Vocals Acoustic Guitars, Electrics and so many other things,

today, i was experimenting how to get a better guitar tone, and i've noticed a weird frequencies coming through both of my inputs (1 & 2) and Front & Rear input's, (Front are the XLR ones & Rear are Jack inputs)

Tested Both inputs Front and Rear, always same Frequencies...

Here's what it looks like :

[​IMG]

Nothing is inserted on either XLR inputs or Jack Inputs... (NO XLR CABLE NO JACK CABLES)

i have tried amplifying the signal, and it seems that it is a white noise, that i barely hear, and it is not even harch, (old hardware style)...

so People what do you think, is it a problem in the first place ? is it the Transformer's Problem ? is it time to change my Interface ?

tell me what do you have in mind and what should i do and thanks for taking the time to read AND reply...

MLM

3. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

no one ?:dunno:

4. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

This may be just hipassed ADC noise, or your DAW's dithering. If you can't hear it, don't worry about it. There may be a peak around 15-16k. Notch it out if you want.

5. Infidel

Infidel Producer

If you can't hear it don't worry about it.

6. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

This isn't my daw's dithering, here's a pic from another daw to both inputs :

[​IMG]

i really can't hear it, even in Pro Tools, it doesn't read it as a signal, but i found out that, the generated signal has some kinda relation with the output signal as it is reacting to it, i can tell the kick and some low stuff like the snare lol...

this is so weird...

7. NextGenSound

NextGenSound Kapellmeister

I had something like this once, then realised when I plugged my laptop's power cord into the same outlet as my interface I got a faint noise very similar to what you're describing, I bought a power conditionner and the noise was no longer audible! Not sure why though!

8. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

[​IMG]

They must be collaborating with M-Audio. I've always had weird experiences with M-Audio stuff - losing memory, nerves, coherent speech... :rofl: that's why I keep away from their products. I have an almost new Audiophile 2496 card that nobody wants...

Cheers! :mates:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Well my computer is desktop one, and even tho i don't wanna play this card, but my pc is gamer ( :bleh: ) and my PSU is very expansive, more expansive than a fancy Guitar,and it has some clean energy thing or whatever, i'll see about your option and if it works, then probably it is worth it. thank you for your reply!

Buahahaaa, got me with that aliens stuff, well i'm using a lot of M-Audio stuff, not by choice tho, but the only problem i had is with my audio interface's buffer with specific USB Port, other than that i achieved some very professional sounds with it and i like it, it did it's job well if you ask me... but i'm planning on upgrading very soon!

Thanks tho!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Nimbuss

Nimbuss Platinum Record

@MrLyannMusic Mine used to make white noise that would come and go whenever I plugged it into my second pc (which has some sort of ground issue) try a different pc and see what happens.

The 'alien sounds' I now witness through my Fast Track seem to happen whenever I turn my gain up, my right monitor makes a tearing white noise sound, only happens sometimes. Anyone know what it could be? :dunno:

11. tidus1990

tidus1990 Producer

I think ur audio interface might be haunted m8

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. jhagen

jhagen Producer

probably alien trying to communicate with humankind.

try posting it on some ufo blogs, men in black will come to solve the case

13. Gnib

Gnib Producer

Does occur without the power supply? If it only occurs with the power suppy purchase a stabilized PS. It also could be EMI so try using ferrite on you power supply cable.

Here is some info about filthy AC in modern society:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. got a similar issue with the same interface years ago... it all starts when turnin' the phantom power on and it was barely audible...
    after a week or so, the gain knobs stop to respond completely on both channels and the noise become more invasive...
    the PREs control circuit has goin' nuts (in my case) so, i literally trashed it... no remorse at all...

welcome to the m-audio pissed-off customers club...

15. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Speaking of pissed off M-audio customers, my M-audio keyboard experience, and not just mine, but some of my clients, too: the wheels start to break after just a couple of years, and the keys velocity start playing tricks on you. That's why I decided to buy myself a decent keyboard now, instead of all this modern, plastic crap. Yes, Novation and Akai keyboards included. I tried using those, too, and was somewhat satisfied... but then I tried a 15 years old Kurzweil K2000. And bought it. Keyboard and wheels still working immaculately. :wink: This thing is built like a tank. It will probably outlast the owner [me].

Minimal maintenance is needed, though, with these old keyboards. I had to replace the screen backlight, and the fan, clean it thoroughly. Yes it has got a fan. :rofl: What it hasn't got is USB. Thank god. :wink: I'm a MIDI purist.

Sorry for the off-topic!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Cudo

Cudo Kapellmeister

Hi,
    I put a FabFilter Q2 across the master buss to remove a bit of low end. This is what I saw, and it looked a bit like your screen shot.
    It's coming from the plugins on the two open tracks, they both have a bit of saturation and compression. The signal vanishes when I bypass the plugins.

FabNoise.jpg
    I know it's not exactly the same, but check your plugins, some do make noise.

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Audiosexual

yes check for some Emulating vintage plugins, they emulated their analogoue noise signal.

18. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

The Project is empty, and the pro Q² is inserted right after the signal input nothing is put before then as u can see in my second picture...

19. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

haha happy being one lol...

no worries friend all good, but probably that's a good idea tho!

20. junh1024

junh1024 Rock Star

Oh, and you could stick a noise gate on your Track(s)

21. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

okey this is fucked up now,

[​IMG]

Same machine same power same cable, same usb port, only os and daw (and probably driver too) changes, used an amp to amplifie the white noise, it is centred around 2500mhz...

well i think Microsoft is haunted...

(just re-conferming, i have dual boot, mac os and windows on the same machine)