Weird problem with Signal GUI

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Diabulus in Musica, Apr 21, 2015.

1. Diabulus in Musica

Diabulus in Musica Platinum Record

Hi,

I have added Signal in Kontakt 5.4.3 and for the first times it worked perfectly but now, for some unknown reasons, when I load Signal I get this:

[​IMG]

So I removed Signal from Kontakt, deleted the .xml file from Common Files/Native Instruments/Service Center, cleaned all Signal registry entries and readded Signal, but the GUI come up in the same way. Any idea? :dunno:

P.S: I forgot to say Signal doesn't emit any sound with that GUI.

3. moocha

moocha Newbie

Try using single dll or exe 5.4.1 (offline extracting of the latter described by Introninja 2nd post: http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/10149-active-members-only-kontakt-problems-with-windows-please-post-here/) If you don't already know about this)

I use 541. When I load cpr (cubase project) Sig is not sounding correct preset, I have to click up one and back...I'm going to double check this today.

OK I repeated your symptom by loading signal into xlutop chainer via kontakt 541. Chainer won't produce sound with 541 but produced your graphics exactly.
    (Chainer incidentally stopped producing sound at version K 5.3.)

Now, having to reset a preset as described above(in cubase 5)after saving then reloading a project, happens only on a certain preset and I've hardly checked many so far. The preset that is a faded image of itself (soundwise) until you click up to the next preset and back is #263 samus. The other presets I've checked work fine so far thank god cause this is a nice synth.

4. Diabulus in Musica

Hi John,

Thank you very much for answering me. Ok let's say the graphic thing is due to some faulty presets, if so why it was still there with the default preset after I readded Signal for the 2nd time? I mean when I have added Signal for the very first time the default preset worked perfectly. Now if I clean everything and then readd the library it show up in that way from the first loading...:dunno:

EDIT: Oh well I think I've found the reason of the problem, ASIO drivers v. 2.12. Just switched off and now Signal works fine. I haven't mentioned that I installed ASIO drivers because I was thinking it can't affect a kontakt library. :sad:

5. testkid008

testkid008 Member

I had the same problem (exactly looking like your screenshot) and had to reload not just the library but the whole kontakt plugin. I don´t think it your asio driver, it must be a bug in scripting that occurs when switching through the presets or something like that...

6. moocha

moocha Newbie

good to hear...I was just saying that mine works but that one preset that I came across needed to be fiddled with to sound when reloading a project. I don't know yet if many more of these are like that.

J

7. Diabulus in Musica

I don't know mate, in my case the guilty seems to be the ASIO drivers because if are on Signal dosen't work and if drivers are off it work smoothly. :dunno: