Weird Nexus 2 issue when loading sounds.

Discussion in 'Software' started by flguy, Jan 29, 2019.

1. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

When using Nexus 2.2 x32, every time I load a new sound I have to physically click anywhere on the screen to get the selected sound to play. For example, I load the first sound after opening the plugin, and it triggers fine. I then load another sound and nothing plays until I click anywhere on my screen or the plugin itself. Load another sound, and the same thing etc. Every subsequent sound I load after the first one I have to click somewhere on the screen for it to play, which gets very tedious. It's like the plugin deactivates on every new sound loaded, and clicking the screen somehow reactivates it. This also happens when changing any settings in nexus too. Change anything and I have to click to get the plugin responding again. This started happening out of nowhere, I even reinstalled twice to no avail. I use 50 other plugins with no issue, this only happens with nexus. I've tried so many things, so if someone can figure this out, you'd be a hero lol.

DAW: FL Studio 20.1 64 Bit

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  3. musiclove

musiclove Noisemaker

run it on the FL x32 version

4. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Best Answer
    @flguy Try the following

1. Select Wrapper -settings - processing and enable the 'Use fixed size buffers' option. (you have 2 options inside the more tab, try each one if these dont work but I dont think it is going to be necessary)

Use-Fixed-Size-Buffers.jpg

OR

2. Either disable the 'Export with ultra quality' option in Nexus or select Wrapper -settings - processing and disable the 'Ensure processor state in plugin callback' option.

OR

Use JBridge.

Whatever you do don't use the 32bit version of FL Studio only because of the Nexus issue. The issue you can fix. You are going to be trading performance for just one plugin issue that as I said it is fixable.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  5. flguy

flguy Ultrasonic

The first two options didn't work, but JBridge did! Thank you so much for the help!